cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrBig
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

can BT provide a list of websitess visited?

Hi All,

And apologies if this has been asked before...

Can BT provide a list of websites that have been accessed/visited using my account/wireless router?  I'm receiving conflicting messages, with some saying they can't provide specific data such as this as it contravenes data protection laws.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: can BT provide a list of websitess visited?

Not to an individual, only to the law enforcement people via a court order.

0 Ratings
Kendoo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi Keith.

Can you help us out by providing a reference for your answer? I'm sure many other users would like to know why they cannot make a subject access request relating to their personal data.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to give you the official reply.

I doubt very much that all of the access logs would be available to a member of the public.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
Kendoo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hi Keith

Sorry but that doesn't answer MrBig's question. I got the impression you had experience of the legal issues when you mentioned a court order. Thanks for the link.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@Kendoo wrote:
Hi Keith

Sorry but that doesn't answer MrBig's question. I got the impression you had experience of the legal issues when you mentioned a court order. Thanks for the link.

Nothing recent, only based on past experience in the Telecommunications business where this sort of information was requested. All requests were handled by a special division, that only accepted requests from authorised sources like the Police and courts.

I cannot imagine that has changed in the last two years since I retired.

Still, I wish you luck in trying to get it Smiley Wink

0 Ratings