Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardcoreheaven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

can anybody shed some light on this?

Hello everyone,

currently I'm having a hell of a time with my internet (being cut off for 3 weeks now using a hotspot from ym mobile), and wondering if anyone can helpclear things up for me.

So, I did have VDSL which I've being led to beleive is basic fibre to my premises since november last year albeit with a few call outs of the internet just dropping out (around about half a dozen). Now on the 28th of September the net went down again and as per an engineer was sent out on monday the 2nd of Oct. He changed the pairing on the line which worked for 2 hours then dropped out again, to which another engineer was sent out on the 13th of Oct who explained some things to me:

Firstly he was unale to get any signal through the line still leaving me without any service;

Secondly he suggested a cease and reprovide because the fibre I was being provided by was from cab 14 (which is 2000m away cable length roughly) yet cab 30 (roughly 600m cable length) which is on my village and I am routed through has fibre (100 ports according to that engineer and another one I spotted working down the road a day or two ago);

So with this information I contacted BT and requested a cease & reprovide to which I was told I would have to get a offline manager call me back in upto 5 days, as it happened I was contacted within 3 days (on a sunday evening to be fair to the manager) introducing himself and that he would be dealing with my issue fromhere on out. After a couple of phone calls on Sunday he read the engineers notes and was willing to go forward with a cease and reprovide but needed to contact BT's provider (Openreach I assume) to get the work ordered which meant another 3 days waiting for a reply from them.

After 3 days (now on the 18th of October) I recevied a phonecall from a different manager, informing me that my line has being ceased and when I asked about the reprovide that he would need to order the reprovide to know when it would happen (note my phone line was never disconnected I had a dial tone throughout) so feel I was miss informed.

Later that evening I received another phonecall from yet another manager stating that he has done two seperate tech checks and that my cabinet does not have fibre in it and that a cease and reprovide would do nothing, also that the internet that I've had since November 2016 is clearly no longer available and that I would need to go back to ADSL which can provide a maximum of a 3.5mb line due to the amount of copper between me and the cab.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me cause I feel really put out, that I've being lied to, thrown between people because they don't want to deal with it and most of all being without a solution and without service for over 3 weeks!

Sorry it's abit of an essay and I'd to thank anyone in advance for taking the time to read this and hopfully help me find a solution,

Kind Regards,

Rob

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: can anybody shed some light on this?

The only people on this forum who will be able to help you are the forum moderators so I have notified them about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
hardcoreheaven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

thanks very much for the reply and making the effort to read my scrawl!

Hopefully they can help me with this because this situation is driving me crazy.

Regards,

Rob,

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 4 of 5

Hi @hardcoreheaven and thanks for posting.

I’m really sorry you’re having so many problems with the lack of Infinity service. I can appreciate how annoying this is for you. I’m not sure why the engineer would advise a cease and reprovide would fix this but I’ll be happy to take a look and check if there is anything we can do to help. If that suits please drop me over an email with your details. You’ll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
hardcoreheaven
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

thanks david, I've done that and look forward to your reply.

kind regards,

Rob,
0 Ratings