cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scotty88
Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: can someone check my stats to see if everything is working okay?

okay thank you very much i did try another router on my connection and was expieriencing the same problem 😞

anyways ill definately take your advice and give bt another call

cheers

Scott

0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 19

If your experiencing the same problem on another router, did you change the microfilter or did you use the one we know now that is faulty with that router?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 19

Hi you cannot access the quiet line test from a hub phone only from a normal land line phone if you hear any noise on the line then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 as a noisy line but do not mention broadband once any line noise is solved your connection should improve
0 Ratings
Scotty88
Contributor
Message 14 of 19

well ive had an engineer out to replace a new line from my master socket to the telegraph pole ( the old one was from the 60's!) now ive had no disconnections and my line has been quiet since the work has been completed but my broadband is still slow so im guessing my  speed has to wait a few days for my connection to stabelise and my hub needs to be connected for a long period of time with no disconnections? am i right guys?

thanks for your help 🙂

scott

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

can I suggest you post the adsl stats again now the work is complete

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Scotty88
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

ADSL line status
Connection Information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 14:51:58
Downstream5,440 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationG.992.1 Annex A
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)15.0 dB / 23.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)26.4 dB / 15.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)8.7 dBm / 1.6 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote)0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote)0 / 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)103 / 3
CRC Errors (Down/Up)81 / 5
HEC Errors (Down/Up)626 / 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote)55 / 2

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 19

your connection speed is far better but I think it will still increase to 8128 as the noise margin is still high at 15.  as this drops to about 6 then I would expect the rise in your conenction speed.

with the work replacing the cable I would leave your connection to settle and see if it drops the noise margin and increases the speed automatically.  if not you can always post again and probably get mod help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Scotty88
Contributor
Message 18 of 19

okay thank you very much imjolly im just glad the phone noise has dissapeared now so at least we can use the phone again 🙂

0 Ratings
Scotty88
Contributor
Message 19 of 19

my speed is back to normal and all is well..thank you BT and everyone on the forum for helping me 🙂

0 Ratings