cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

can't activate BT ID

Hello I've received an 'activate your BT ID" email but the link doesn't work! I get the three dots moving forever. I've tried to create BT ID from scratch using my account number but when I put in my email address it tells me 'sorry this BT ID username already exists'. Can anyone help? Thank you so much 🙂

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: can't activate BT ID

What process and what were you trying to do when you received the email to activate your BTID?

Have you tried logging into your MyBT with the BTID?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi. I'm new to BT and I was trying to activate my BT ID. Can't log on with BTID as can't activate BTID this is the problem. 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Obviously you were trying to activate your BTID but why were you trying to activate it.

Is it because you were setting up a new BTMail email account? Was it because you are a new BT Broadband customer and you were setting it up to access your BT Broadband account?

You said "I've tried to create BT ID from scratch using my account number but when I put in my email address it tells me 'sorry this BT ID username already exists".   Was that after you received the email to activate your BTID or was that the only time you have tried to set up a BTID and as a result you received the email?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

It because I am a new BT Broadband customer and I was setting it up to access my BT Broadband account.

It was after I received the email to activate my BTID. The link inviting me to activate the BTID email didn't work, it just showed the three moving dots forever. That's when I tried to register and it told me my email is already registered, and I can't get any further. Thanks, H. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Try contacting the BT Billing Live Chat team

Broadband | BT Help

They should be able to help. If they can not help, post back for further help.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

thank you

0 Ratings