cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 53

Re: can't delete emails on desktop

Ah ok. I use google chrome and have tried microsoft edge. It is a new problem started after years of no problem! I have windows 10 but it was the same on windows 7. I use Norton. It works for around the first 5 minutes then all options stop working apart from Compose

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 53

@annegray01 wrote:

Ah ok. I use google chrome and have tried microsoft edge. It is a new problem started after years of no problem! I have windows 10 but it was the same on windows 7. I use Norton. It works for around the first 5 minutes then all options stop working apart from Compose

Have you tried disabling Norton?

0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 53

No I haven't . I've used Norton since time began, why would this only happen now, and only to me ?

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 53

@annegray01 wrote:

No I haven't . I've used Norton since time began, why would this only happen now, and only to me ?

The thing is, some security products affect some users, though most don't. Both Norton and McAfee (and others) have caused problems for some folk. Updates to the products can do this, as was seen recently with malwarebytes for one forum user.

I'm not saying it is the problem, but it's worth at least disabling for a bit to see what happens. Don't uninstall of course.

0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 53

You are right, that did the trick!

Is it ok to have the Norton email protection switched off permanently?

0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 53

Ah didn't last long, the problem is back!

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 17 of 53

Hi @annegray01,

Thanks for sending over the details. I tried calling, sorry I missed you. I've checked the email account but can't find any problems so I've raised this to our tech guys to look into. I'll be in touch when I have any updates but in the meantime are you able to post some screen shots of what you're seeing?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 53

Capture.PNG

0 Ratings
annegray01
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 53

I'm glad in a way to read that someone else has the same problem! Thought it was only me !

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 20 of 53

Hi @annegray01,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Are you still having problems with this?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings