cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snikt
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

can't receive emails

Both my iphone and ipad have stopped receiving emails. Last email received was Friday. I can send however.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
NeilO
Message 2 of 7

Re: can't receive emails

Hi snikt,

You may need to check the email settings to ensure they are correct.  Check out this BT Mail set up guide for more info.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Joshbear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi

My wife's iphone has the exact same problem.  One moment was working and now not recieiving emails.  It will send them though.  I have deleted the email account from the phone and then reinstalled it and no difference.  I have the exact same phone and (Iphone 6) and a Bt mail account an checked her settings vs mine, they are identical.  My phone email is working with no issues.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Joshbear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Update.  I have now set up her iphone by adding a new email account and pressing Yahoo.  It set up automatically once I entered her email address and password.  And it all worked!!  emails now sending a recieving.  I thought we were supposed to move away from yahoo?  

What am I missing?  Thanks for any help

Josh

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@Joshbear wrote:

What am I missing?  Thanks for any help

Josh

What you are missing is that it will cease to work when (if) you are ever migrated to BTMail.

0 Ratings
Joshbear
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Hi

Thanks for the response.  I was aware about the change over but the bit I don't get is why it would work under BT Mail and then one day stop working forcing me to switch back to Yahoo.

Best Regards

Josh

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Such are the vagaries of BT's mail system I'm afraid. It should work with mail.btinternet.com as the server regardless of which system you are on and for me it does. Others seem to experience temporary outages which seem to right themselves eventually.

0 Ratings