Openreach installed fibre on the poles along our road about a year ago. In the Spring their contractor fitted the node thingies on various poles all along the road (there's only about 10 houses along a road a mile long)
Subsequently the bottom of the road (in one postcode) now can order FTTP, but the rest of the road (in another postcode) can't, even thought the infrastructure is in place in both. I checked with the chap connecting up a house at the end last week and he confirmed that there was no physical reason why half the road couldn't be connected. We just had to order it, he said. But the availabiloity checker for our postcode still says "in scope"
What can I do?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Hi @Phil_Wales and thanks for posting.
Have you tried contacting the FTTP sales team? You can get them on 0800 587 4787. They should be able to check what the issue is with Openreach for you.
The saga cointinues. I made zero headway with BT because the Openreach website would not let them allow me to place an order. Along with 2 of my neighbours, i badgered Openreach (we got holdsd osf a real person) and just before Christmas the Openreach site stateed that we now could order fibre. So we all did. To have the orders bounced next day,...by Openreach who insted that fibre was not present on our lane.
One of my neighbours then went off on a mission and fired a number of broadsides high into openreach's management and started to get results. We were told that there was a problem with Openreach's database. They fixed that, then the order was restarted, then cancelled agan. This time it turned out that the Openreach database and BT address database difffered for all the houses concerned so BYT could not ask openreach to progress an order. More broiadsides at Openreach from my neighbour, and the involvment of some senior managers, and that was fixed. Then it was cancelled again,. This time becuase the exchange was not suitable, apparently. It turns out that the subcontractor had not finished the job, but Openreach had signed it ff. That caused a huge row becasue the work was done under a rural broadband scheme funded by the Welsh Govt, so someone had taken the payment for a job that had not been completed. So Openreach fixed that,. The order went live again - and then was cancelled again yesterday "for operational reasons". My neighbour has a new pole and fibre to the house, but not connected to anything. I have the promise fo a new pole.
More broadsides and we are assured it will all be fixed this week. I'll keep you informed.
The challenge was breaking through to someone who actually would listen. For the first few weeks we were just told "sorry, you can't have fibre" even though it was at the end of the drive; it was an automatic response from people who didn't read the incoming email or listen to the description of the situation. Had my neighbour not found a way int the upper echelons of Openreach, we'd still be stuck in that positon. The fundamental issue is the impossibilt9iy fo a normal person discussing anything directly with openreach. Once you can break that barrier, you can (I hope) resolve problems. Just asking BT to raise a query with Openreach results in a standard response of "computer says no".
The dsl checker now says:
Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:- Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with no anticipated issues.
Which looks promising.
the connection date of Friday came and passed, with a selctuion of Openreach engineers and managers arriving, agreeing we needed a new pole, and that there wasn't one, so they couldnn't connect the fibtre to the house yet,.
The poling subcontractor had been out earlier in the week, agreed where the pole would go and went away
They have brought the fibre up from the nearest node, 4 or 5 spans down the lane, and once the pole is up two more spans will get it to the house. I don't appear to be paying for eitther the pole or the 6 or 7 spans of fibre from the node to the house, which must be 350 m or so of overhead fibre.