Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
craigers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

can't takeover the phone line in my new home

the previous account holder at my home has not terminated the account. bt say they can't force takeover as the account holder is a major corporation (seimens fyi), yet personal or small business they can steamroller through.

can any helpful bt staff on here advise me which statute law prevents bt forcing a takeover on the line? I suspect none, as it is merely bt policy, ie pandering to big business. my money (which bt are still happy enough to claim from my bank every month) clearly isn't good enough.

shame on you Bt! You've more than likely lost me as a customer. i'll take my calls, broadband, and subscription tv service elsewhere.
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
craigers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: can't takeover the phone line in my new home

and may I add, bt are still happy enough to take money out of my account. 7th december was when my services were supposed to be transferred. I love paying for services I can't access!
0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 13

Only people here who may be able to help are the mods who work for BT

Contact Mods at
forum.moderation.team@bt.com
include a link to this topic account number and phone number

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
craigers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

can anyone give me a direct dial number for complaints?
0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 13

If BT have said thay are not and can not provide a service why not stop the direct debit ?

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
craigers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

I stopped the payments. And BT were cheeky enough to send me a letter saying they would charge me an extra £4.50 per bill for not paying by direct debit.

Having had enough of getting mucked about on the phone, I sent a letter of complaint by recorded delivery, which was received by BT on 17th February. To date I haven't even received as much as an acknowledgement that they received it. On the plus side, my account balance has been refunded any charges for the period I have been without my services, and for any advanced rental fees already paid.

Shocking customer service by BT.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 7 of 13

Hi craigers

I'll be happy to help you out with this and get it sorted out.  It must be pretty annoying paying for something you cant use but if I can get a look at your account I'll see what the story is.

Could you drop me in an email please with your BT account and telephone number along with a link back to this thread.

Just send using the contact us form in my profile under the 'about me' section and mark FAO Craig please.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
craigers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 13

Craig, I've sent an email, enquiry ref. 110315-007125.

Many thanks
Craig
0 Ratings
craigers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

an update! contacted by ian at bt who has been most helpful. we've had a second line installed (although we had to pay £30). down side is the speed of the line. bt say we can only get 1.5-3Mbps (estimated 2Mbps) on the new line. yet the pre-existing line can get 7-8Mbps (estimated 8Mbps). how the **bleep** can this be? we are less than 1/4 mile from the exchange and there is a junction box right outside our garden. ian is phoning me back tomorrow so i'll see what we can get sorted.

0 Ratings
craigers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

oh! and the hubby of a colleague of mine (who works for openreach) reckons that the existing account holder probably hasn't paid the bill and thats why i can't take over the existing line, nothing to do with being a major corporation. this would seem to make more sense given they haven't even terminated the account.

looks like i'll be going elsewhere for my broadband. i'm no paying bt £20.50 per month for slow broadband when i can get it for £12.50 from o2!

0 Ratings