cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
staking
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

can you get a £5 booster pack like talktalk to enable 80gb transfer monthly ?

i see talktalk have a £5 booster pack, per month which gives 80gb instead of 40gb transfer a month, does bt have anything like this ?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
jcampy
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: can you get a £5 booster pack like talktalk to enable 80gb transfer monthly ?

0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Re: can you get a £5 booster pack like talktalk to enable 80gb transfer monthly ?

If you go to http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=25633

Infinity option 1 "More Broadband and Calls with superfast BT Infinity broadband" is the  one with the 40GB usage cap.

If you hover your cursor over the 40GB it will give further info... "if you exceed your allowance you will be charged £5 for 5GB.

Making it £23pm for 45GB usage.... when for a little bit more (another £5 making it £28 pm) you can go Unlimited.

And you get anytime UK calls thrown in.

I think I'm the only skinflint on this forum with the Option 1 (I splashed out and added the anytime UK calls "boost" for £4.75).

Someone didn't keep an eye on their usage see THIS POST.

And there are rumours of a speed increase that might help in your decision if you haven't got Infinity yet.

Have found so far the 40GB allowance is enough for me and 3 other laptops.

My usage for the first complete month of Infinity.-

Recent data usage

16.53 GB used

23.47 GB remaining

Product: BT Infinity Option 1 Allowance : 40.0 GB per month

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

If you upgrade to Option 3, you can have unlimited gigabytes per month.
0 Ratings
PC
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

@Ectophile wrote:
If you upgrade to Option 3, you can have unlimited gigabytes per month.

Option 3 aka Faster Total Broadband 
This is the Fibre service for people with estimated download speeds less than 15Mb.
It has Unlimited Usage and Anytime UK landline calls.With an upload speed cap of 2Mb.

Option 2 aka Unlimited Broadband and Calls with Superfast BT Infinity Broadband as above but without the 2 MB upload cap. Giving download speeds up to 40Mb and up to 10Mb upload speed.

Option 1 aka More Broadband and calls with superfast BT Infinity, Is limited to 40Gb download per month along with the 2Mb cap and only weekend calls. You can pay an uplift to get Anytime UK Calls.

The two main Infinity products (option 1 and 2) are intermingled on THIS BT PRODUCTS... look for Infinity in the title.

Message 18 in THIS THREAD is from KerryG an official BT manager.-

"Hi everyone

Yes, this is true! BT Total Broadband and BT Infinity customers will benefit from the removal of Fair Usage Policy (FUP) controls when they begin to be removed from April 2011. Once removed, heavy user customers will be able to download/stream as much as they wish without having their speeds restricted.

BT will remove the FUP controls currently applied to customers with ‘atypical’ usage. Today atypical users are restricted at 300GB usage and account for less than 0.5% of the BT customer base. BT will not target any individuals with restrictions based on usage levels. However, we still have traffic management policies that will restrict certain applications / protocols, such as P2P, when the network is busy.

As BT continues to invest in the network and network bandwidth we can now remove these restrictions and ensure the experience of the wider customer base.

(Note that charges will still apply for going over limits on BT Total Broadband (ADSL) Options 1&2 and BT Infinity Option 1 but traffic will not be managed.)

Thx
Kerry
BTCare Community Manager
"

Pretty sure the above info is accurate, but please confirm things with BT before/if you take the plunge.

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings