cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fedup11
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

cancel Home iT Call

I want to cancel my Home IT call which is costing £10 a month - I think I should be able to do this online under manage my account, however on going onto BT chat they said I have to call to cancel. I know this is because they will try and persuade me to either keep the package or try and get me to change/add on extras. I am really cross that I have to go through the hassle of phoning - waiting in a queue to try and persuade the person at the end of the line that I just want to cancel that element of the package. To be honest it really really annoys me to the point of wanting to leave BT

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: cancel Home iT Call

Not sure who deals with this.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Yes, but to leave BT, you'll have to phone them to cancel.

It's not just BT that does this.  Other providers do it as well.  As you said, they want the chance to persuade you not to leave.  It would be too easy if it was just a couple of mouse clicks.

PaddyB
Message 4 of 4

Hi @fedup11,

What @Ectophile has is correct to cancel the Home IT (Tech Experts), you do need to call up to cancel. 

The telephone number to cancel is 0800 032 1118, they're open 8AM to 11PM 7 days a week.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings