cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 6

cancelling

im going to be cancelling everything from bt, as their service is **bleep**. the final straw being an engineer who was late, and then told me he couldnt do owt for the pixilation problems.  what id like to know is when i do cancel , will i be able to keep my box, and still record from it? ive had the same box for years, ie its never been replaced. i hardly ever watch live tv, its all recorded, so im wondering if my box will still let me record? im not very technology smart, so apologies if im asking a stupid question.

thanks in advance, mandy

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: cancelling

hi @mandyb66

Have a look at this thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-Boxes/Will-my-YouView-or-BT-Vision-box-from-BT-work-if-I-decide-...

As for ownership .. Typically Bt supply their Youview boxes on a defered payment  basis . so yes the Youview box is yours and provided you have had the same box for over 12 months they (BT) write off the payment. 

If cancelling a contract with BT there may be cancellation charges if services are cancelled within the minimum period of your current contract(s).

If you need any further assistance from the community over the pixelation problems then just post further details of the problem(s) you are experiencing.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Thankyou for replying. And yes, ive had my box for over 12 months. im just going to leave then, as im sick of all the problems ive had, from slow broadband, to now this. and my frustrations at talking to the customer service departments in india. i will never recommend bt to anyone.

thanks again for your help. off now to find a broadband only provider!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Might be worth trying First Utility for BroadBand - they are reasonable and dont charge Line Rental - somehow !
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 6

thanks. ive gone for the post office, got a decent price with cash back thrown in. goes live on the 20th. will be good to kiss bt goodbye once and for all!!

thanks again, mandy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 6

the thing is it's still the same BT line isn't it ? so ultimatly you might still have the same problems.