cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geeby
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

cannot opt out of BT WIFI (fon)

I had a new infinity homehub 5 installed a few weeks ago and I immediately checked online if i was opted in , it said I was , so I opted out then and there ,a few days later I checked my router , and it was still active ,it had not been off during the period in question , I went back online and checked once again ,and it said I was opted out ,but the homehub says active and its singing away , I can detect a wifi signal from it from halfway down the street , I now have a catch22 situation . I have tried repeating the steps online and opt ing out ,several times but the homehub is not having it .

I called BT (online chat) ,and after 40 minutes of going over the same ground I lost my cool and hung up .i am all for sending the homehub back and telling BT where to shove it , but this forum sorted another problem for me a few years ago and I thought I would try one last time before calling it a day .

please I dont want to go into the why's or wherefores of my desicion not to have it, I just dont want it ,and aparently I do have that choice . why is there no option to disconnect on the hub settings I cannot fathom .

I would be grateful for any help solving this .

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: cannot opt out of BT WIFI (fon)

It can take 3 weeks after you opt out for an update to be sent to your hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

The BTOpenzone helpdesk, 0800 022 3322, the helpdesk is open 24/7 365 days/year and only deals with enquiries relating to BTOpenzone and BTFon hotspot access.
0 Ratings
bbybeauty
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

It took my hub almost 2 weeks before the opt out option worked, but I did know to wait beforehand so didn't panic 🙂

0 Ratings