Go to solution
Got me this. Anyone else any idea?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 23

Re: cant get bt sport on bt vision

Go to solution

A moderator should be along later to help with this.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

Hi davier,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the post. I can look into this for you, please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and I'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

@StewM wrote:
Got me this. Anyone else any idea?

StewM and NeilO,

The OP states that they can't get fibre and are just on ADSL. It's also clear from the box menu options that it has been upgraded to the multicast version of the software.

This looks to me like another example of what is becoming a regular situation raised on the TV/Sport forums. That is when the customer is on ADSL but has been put on the the multicast software with no explanation as to why from BT and things aren't working correctly for BT Sports 1&2 and ESPN.

This may have been done for the good reason and BT can provide the line with the improved channels over ADSL service which includes BT Sport 1&2 on 507-508 and ESPN on 509. In this case I suspect BT just need to set up the account details correctly so the customer can synchronise with and use the service.

This may have been done in error and the channels over ADSL service isn't available on the line. In this case I suspect BT need to set the box back to the standard version of the software so the customer can use the viewing card for BT Sports channels 58 and 59.  

Here is another recent example.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Watching-BT-Sport-on-BT-Vision/Only-able-to-see-507-and-508-on-EPG-but-do...

Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

As mentioned in the other threads, if the customer has purposely been put on the channels over ADSL service then BT need to also confirm that they have a compatible HomeHub. This is something BT haven't seemed to bother doing in the past when moving customers to this service (either for Sky Sports or BT Sports reasons). Customers have had to find this out themselves after many hours of tech support phone calls and searching for information on the forums. In that situation BT sending out a free replacement HomeHub has got things working for some customers.

davier,

Which version of HomeHub are you using?

See  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10477/kw/homehub guide/c/345,354,2947

Guru
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution
Thanks for the info. Umpire.

Stew

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
davier
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution
It is the 1.5 model
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

I think for the channels over ADSL service you would need at least a HH2. I don't think the HH1 and HH1.5 support it.

BT seem to tell people they need to be sent a replacement HH3 or HH4 when they phone up about it (that might just be because HH2's are no longer sent out).

See http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Vision/Sports-Without-Infinity/m-p/915424#M49943

and http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Vision/Sports-Without-Infinity/m-p/958362#M51862

But, as mentioned earlier, the first question that needs answering is whether BT think the channels over ADSL service is available on your line, or whether the multicast software upgrade your box received was just sent by mistake. Hopefully the Moderator can find this out for you. I don't know of any easy way to check.

0 Ratings
davier
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

bt have sent new home hub  a3.3 version also had  a visit from an engineer/tech guy,checked out box said it was ok he then contacted bt technical help who then phoned back and said i had been probably put on the wrong software.were going to check with a different dept and to call back later  stiill  no call or bt sport

0 Ratings
carlsdad20
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

I have had the same problem, for over 6 weeks now. The channels would appear every 2nd week or so for 12 to 24 hours only.

Each time i phoned i was asked to check line speeds etc. and was always told it was that.

After 6 weeks of calling nearly every day, i have been moved to level 3 (i think) and they have admitted that it is a problem with their server not updating my box, and they have promised that the problem will be resolved by this weekend.

I hope so cause the Man utd v Palace game is on. LOL

Steve

0 Ratings