Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sunnyday2
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

catch up film not available

Go to solution

Why can't I watch Torn Curtain which was on Drama via Freeview at 4pm this afternoon ?  Surely if it's Freeview there should be no problem ?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: catch up film not available

Go to solution

Catch up programmes are only available if the channel provider makes them available via their own (or partners) Player . For the Drama channel that would be the UK TV player. Channels source their programs from numerous suppliers and the licensing rights for programs can vary significantly. For feature films a channel may have the right to show the film x times over a certain time period as live tv but may have no rights to show on either catch up or demand.

If you use Youview search - you will find when Torn Curtain is next being shown and can schedule a recording on the Drama channel (27th FEb)

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Just to add to this , I've so far never been able to catch up a movie.

0 Ratings
sunnyday2
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Catch up query

Go to solution

Why is it that there some films that I can't view via catch up, even though they were available on a freeview channel ?

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Re: Catch up query

Go to solution

Licensing issues will not allow it.

There is no need to post your question twice, as it was already answered earlier.

0 Ratings
sunnyday2
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you - so is it best to always record everything that's of interest "just in case" ?
0 Ratings
sunnyday2
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you, that's very helpful.
0 Ratings
sunnyday2
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Sorry, didn't realise my q had been answered earlier - new to this forum 🙂
0 Ratings
sunnyday2
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

press the BT Player button it says it's loading but nothing happens

Go to solution

When I press the BT Player button it says it's loading but nothing happens and eventually I get a message saying something's gone wrong, press OK or Help or try again later ! When I press Help nothing happens. I've checked and it's connected to the router....please help, It's disappointing to have to pay for stuff we can't use.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings