cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhc21
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

change in posted speed on ADSL checker

I signed up to Infinity 2 from infinity 1 about 3 months ago and was given a guaranteed speed of 78mb. At the time when checking the BT ADSL checker it posted a maximum speed of 79mb. I have never got anywhere close to that with the best being 40mb. When checking the WLAN of the event log in the hub it has now dropped to about 33.4 in stages. Checking the BT Wholesale ADSL checker it now says the maximum download on the line is 33.2?

Any idea why the ADSL checker result has reduced from 79 to 33.2 over the last months?

I don't have any connection problems and never have.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: change in posted speed on ADSL checker

I assume the original estimates were an error or the data used to calculate the speeds was inaccurate.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
rhc21
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: change in posted speed on ADSL checker

I know using the phone number is the correct way but if I use my actual address it still says 79mb but with the phone number 33.2mb.

Obviously there is some error at there end with the calculations.

Looks like I going to have to endure their call centre again and go for a refund for the service I have never had although promised.

0 Ratings