Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paulkk
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

changing BB package and speed

Hi all

Quick question -

I have BT infinity 2 and last speed test I did I got 46Meg down and 8 up (ping of 17ms). - running netgear nitehawk routermodem as the wifi is much better that the hub I got with my orig order 2 years ago.

We recently had an engineer come out who reckons that my phone line is connected to a cabinet half a mile away and that I should never have been offered Inf 2 as there's no way of getting near the max speed. Bit miffed with that if it's true as they were keen enough to take my order and took ages to get me connected

The interesting thing is that I live on a new estate and can see the fibre cabinet about 20ft across the road (but we're not connected to it apparently).

Should I drop my plan to std infinity saving £10/month or would BT connect me to the new fibre cabinet - I presume I'd get a faster connection.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Anyone else been in thisn situation before

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: changing BB package and speed

You won't be swapped to a different cab.

Drop to Infinity 1.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings