cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mumof3
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

changing date on direct debit

Please can someone tell me why I cant change direct debit date, this is now annoying me, I have asked 3 times now and they just say no. Well now considering going back to paper bill not bothered about paying extra just paid another 30 pounds in bank charges so will be better off!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: changing date on direct debit

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

It can be done, it's pretty simple. Try the live chat on the website.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Have you tried DIY? Go to MyBT (link at top of this page) > My bills and payments > Manage your payments > Change regular payment > Change payment details > check Change the amount you want to pay, or the payment date > do it.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
StephanieG
Community Manager - Retired
Message 5 of 5

Hi mumof3,

Welcome to the forum!

If you're on a Whole Bill Direct Debit (where your full outstanding balance is taken from your bank account, either each month or quarter) it's not possible to change the payment date, and the balance is taken 10 working days after the bill is issued.

You can however change the payment date if you pay via a Monthly Payment Plan. With a Monthly Payment Plan, you pay a set amount each month and you get a statement every quarter. If needed, your balance is reassessed when you get your statement to make sure you aren’t paying too much or too little.

Give the Live Chat team a go and see if you can get moved to a Monthly Payment Plan.

For info, changing to paper bills won’t change the date your bill is issued, so unfortunately it won’t help in getting the payment date changed if you’re on a Whole Bill Direct Debit.

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings