cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

charge for stopping broadband

BT's Charge for stopping my broadband is a rip off !!! - I had to pay £30 for stopping my broadband/phone as I am going over seas for a year (Australia), even though I have been loyal to them over a long period of time !! When I return I will never use there products again.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: charge for stopping broadband

The cease charge whether or not you agree with it is in the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you signed up with BT. It is applied by all ISPs.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 7

It's a charge by Openreach to disconnect broadband, so it applies to any ISP that uses openreach's infrastructure.

Blame OFCOM for allowing them to get away with it.  I can't think of any other service where you have to pay a fee to stop a service you don't want any more (and you're out of contract).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@Ectophile wrote:

It's a charge by Openreach to disconnect broadband, so it applies to any ISP that uses openreach's infrastructure.

Blame OFCOM for allowing them to get away with it.  I can't think of any other service where you have to pay a fee to stop a service you don't want any more (and you're out of contract).

Gas companies charge you if you are stopping a gas supply to a property if they have to remove the meter.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

Ectophile wrote:

I can't think of any other service where you have to pay a fee to stop a service you don't want any more (and you're out of contract).

Marriage.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

@pottyperson wrote:

Marriage.

A marriage licence is one of the cheapest licences you can get but it costs you for ever more and never expires.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

Just had a thought. does the marriage certificate need renewing at any point? don't think I will renew this year;-)
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings