cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dale
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

chromecast when i try to login to my bt id account for sport

I have just set up google chromecast on my laptop every thing is fine until I try to login to my bt sport ID then the blue screen just goes grey and will not let me watch it on my tv . What am I doing wrong ? . Every thing comes back on the tv when I log out .

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: chromecast when i try to login to my bt id account for sport

Chromecast allows customers to ‘cast’ video to their television from the BT Sport App on a tablet or smartphone.  

Note that it does not say it will work using the laptop/PC.

When you use your laptop or  to play BT Sport it uses silverlight  and Google says:

The significant majority of web content can be cast. However, sites that use plug-ins such as as Silverlight, Quicktime & VLC are not supported, and may result in a lack of picture or sound.

https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/3228332?hl=en

dale
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply zulu17 I think you are right about silverlight on my laptop because my tesco hudl works great when I login to watch bt sport .

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 4 of 5

Hi, I can get my Samsung Galaxy Ace and Ipdad to work but not my Laptop.
0 Ratings
siteguru
Expert
Message 5 of 5

@dale wrote:

Thanks for the reply zulu17 I think you are right about silverlight on my laptop because my tesco hudl works great when I login to watch bt sport .

Just use your Hudl ... it effectively acts as a remote control for the BT Sports feed. (You do not need to keep the Hudl screen active - you can put it to sleep). It also means you can access additional cameras on things like MotoGP, features that are not available to the PC app.

Thanks
Ian
http://www.siteguru.co.uk/be/ADSL2PlusForDummies.pdf - Having ADSL issues? Then read this PDF
Please don't click the star beside my name - too many stars makes you look like a swot!
0 Ratings