cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

confused by install (new line & infinity)

Hi,

New phone line and bt infinity install due for completion yesterday.

Two engineers promptly arrived and I'd assumed they were here to complete both jobs.

New line installed along with new standard face plate. They were also happy to set up the home hub 5 although they left the sky bb micro filter place. I received confirmation later that day that the new line was now active.

I also had to confirm with the engineers on more than one occasion that I was moving from sky to bt.

Nice guys but they didn't seem clued up on the bb side of things which i guess should have aroused my suspicions.

However, still no infinity connection? Would I be correct in assuming that another engineer was supposed to turn up to do the infinity side of things??

I've logged a call with bt but no call back received yet (supposed to be one hour)

Can't say I'm terribly impressed thus far! I've now no bb connection which is a bit disappointing as I'd hoped to do some work from home this weekend.
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 13

Re: confused by install (new line & infinity)

Welcome to the forum. A moderator should be along shortly to have a look at this for you.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Thanks for responding so quickly. I'm not jumping up and down over this as I know things can sometimes go wrong.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 13

Hi Blf1970,

Welcome to the forum. I would like to take a look at your order to see what is happening. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact Us" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Cool. Will do.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Hi. I think I've now managed that 2nd time around! Lol 🙂

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

I understand it's the weekend but would really appreciate an update on this by tomorrow. Still no active BB which is beginning to frustrate a little. I'm pretty sure the two guys who originally turned up were only there to install the new line and not set up infinity.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 13

It's not just because it's the weekend. The mods get a lot of queries and deal with them in turn; it can take several working days to get to the top.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

Fair enough. I do appreciate the help thus far but I have to say again that I'm not overly impressed by the overall service. Loads of emails and texts prior to the install which was great but no contact after the event - I've had to do the chasing which I don't think is acceptable to be honest.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 13

Frankly, my experience is that this is fairly typical of what can only very loosely be called BT's 'customer service' - when they're trying to entice you into paying them money, or signing up to a contract which requires you to pay them money, they couldn't be more communicative and helpful.  When it actually comes to providing the service, or sorting out a problem with said service, you get incompetence, indifference, or both.  The only exception seems to be the moderation team that runs these forums, as they seem to actually be able and willing to sort issues out in fairly short order.  As an example, I had various issues stemming from a minor administrative error by someone at BT when I moved to their broadband service.  8 and a half months later, after various methods of trying to beat my head through the brick wall of BT's email and phone 'customer service', I appealed for help here.  3 days later, everything was sorted by the mods.  As such, expect a bit of a delay in getting help - there's probably one hell of a lot of BT's customers who have found that this is the only place where you can get competent and willing help, so they're probably a bit swamped.