cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dianetracey
Message 1 of 5

connecting to the ipad

I have just bought an ipad and although it seems to be connected to the home hub - On the ipad it is showing  the WIFI connection as connected it also has a tick in front of the BThome hub it is connected to. However when i try and actually go onto the internet a message pop up  "safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet".

I have tried resetting the WIFI connection on the ipad and aslo resetting the BT Home hub.

Has anyone else had this problem - can anyone help?

thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
tim1964
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: connecting to the ipad

Have you entered the WPA pass phrase?

Does the iPad's WIFI say "limited connection"?

It is showing that, although the hub is "seeing" it, the last hurdle is the security key of the hub.

0 Ratings
bxreilly
Message 3 of 5

I'm having exactly the same problem, but the weird thing is it has only just started happening.  Did you manage to fix the issue, if so how ?

0 Ratings
bxreilly
Message 4 of 5

Hi - I had exactly the same problem and further more I had just bought a new printer that I couldn't connetc wirelessly to the homehub.  That along with the fact that I had taken my iPad into an Apple store and they had checked it out and said there was nothing wrong with it but even then gave me a new one which still wouldn't connect to intermnet with homehub, led me to conclude that it must be the homehub at fault.  Of course at first the call with BT went along the lines of "if you wnat to solve issues about connecting other deveices then you need to pay", I stressed that because the devices were new and both and wre experiencing the same problem, i.e. they could see the homehum but the hub wasn't providing ip addresses.  If you see 169. on the iPad then it has allocated the ip itself and that's no good.  When I finally convinced them to help me, they were great although I have to say that I'm sure why the solution that they did, worked, but hey it worked:

Firstly reset the homehub with a pin.  Then change to WPA security.  Then change the admin password.  The try reconnecting.  It worked for me.  Weird.  Hope this helps others.

By the way, my original iPad which was working fine, also stopped connecting to the Internet even though looked as though was connected to hub.  

0 Ratings
Voxp
Message 5 of 5

Doing any of these things doesn't help. The coonection gets lost every so often requiring switching off and on in wireless settings. Tried changing channels, security and other settings. Well weird, as it does not affect other devices.
0 Ratings