cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nathan360
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

connection testing still going on?

Well I got BT infinity installed on the 25th September and ever since I've been getting a flashing orange light on my home hub 4 causing connection dropouts from the re synching process at the exchange finding the fastest speed. But its supposed to be up to 10 days and its been going on for 14 days now and its really starting to bug me. Can anyone tell me if this is an issue?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
microspud
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: connection testing still going on?

No it should not be resyncing like that. Even in the 10 day period is abit overrated, the DSLM is always monitoring your connection and adjusting your target SNR and interleaving settings to provide a stable connection.

The 10 day period is to make sure this process has been given enough time to work before they investigate further.

Just one thing, the hub 4 itself doesnt contain the modem so check the lights on the white vdsl modem and see if the dsl light is also flashing at the same time. If so check the wiring to master socket. Also check your extension wiring to make sure its not a problem internally otherwise they may charge you during a visit.

Check out this guide to test without internal factors.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13567

0 Ratings
nathan360
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Nope just checked and when the hub flashes orange and my connection drops out the open reach modem DSL light stays solid and bare in mind it happens on wired as well as wireless. I can also trigger the synching process by downloading a lot such as speed test.net and YouTube but I've never reset the hub since I got it cause I was advised not to for 10 days but read online that the connection testing is still in progress if the orange light flashes with a connection dropout every now and again
0 Ratings
microspud
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

It's ok to reboot the hub during the 10 day period since it's the sync between the white modem and the cabinet that undergo's the training period. Check the Ethernet cable between the white modem and the hub and reboot the hub in case the hub is losing its pppoe connection for whatever reason.

Apologies for any iphone-isms in this reply lol
0 Ratings
nathan360
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Yeah thanks and I just checked all cables and that in modem and router and can't find any issues apart from the DSL cable wasnt clicked in properly in the modem. I doubt this is the cause bit it hasn't gone of since so fingers crossed. I'm off to watch a few YouTube videos and I'll post again if it goes off. And if not thanks for your help 🙂
0 Ratings
nathan360
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Oh what a surprise it went off again. I don't get how its still maybe in synching process when I'm in the 14th day of my broadband. Can I add that I'm using infinity option 2 and home hub 4. I can't stress how annoying this is. Although it drops for about 30 seconds I'm fed up of it especially with gaming.
0 Ratings