cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Auska
Message 1 of 6

constant dial tone

i have had a constant dial tone on my phone for a few day now even after i have dialed a number.  Have spoken to tech support who have said there is nothing with the line and im not prepared to have an engineer come out to tell me that there is an internal fault and i now have to pay £130 i dont have. Have tryed multiple fones and the problem still persits

help please anyone

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: constant dial tone

Have you ensured you have tried the new phone with everything else unplugged (adsl filters , homehub or router, skybox)

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Auska
Message 3 of 6

have 2 or 3 different phones but the problem is still there

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

hi have you tried the test socket at the back of the master socket to eliminate the wiring in your house this link explains how http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13567/c/345,353,374 if after testing at the test socket you still have the fault then you need to report the fault on 151 and get an engineer out as that test socket connects you directly to the exchange it is then a no charge call out as you have eliminated all internal wiring
0 Ratings
Auska
Message 5 of 6

mysteriously fixed itself

0 Ratings
cariad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

My phone is just dead, broadband is transfered over from talk talk fine but they say there is no fault on the line, looks like I will have to pay the £130, I wish I hadnt transfered the phone, it was fine before i changed provider.

Im on call and now runnung up huge mobile bills plus £130 i just dont have.

Cariad

0 Ratings