Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

constant disconnections

Hi

Hi

does anyone know what this message means:

(745395.390000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

i see it repeatly when my BT internet drops out.

bt hh5 direct to master socket no extensions

current stats (751475.240000) PPPoE is up - Down Rate=76470Kbps, Up Rate=19999Kbps; SNR Margin Down=6.0dB, Up=7.0dB

eariler today

22 May.(743722.760000) PPPoE is up - Down Rate=76344Kbps, Up Rate=19999Kbps; SNR Margin Down=7.6dB, Up=15.1dB

not in test socket but dont believe the issue is on my side. i have reported it to BT in March, who advised the pole had faulty equipment ands had been marked for repair. but now is May and still having the issue. speeds have dropped from 79 to 68 to 76 with 6 disconnections alone today. and yes i know the virus probably has delayed repair works but this has been a ongoing issue for months even before what i was told in March

FTTP is available but when i try to order it, i get told its not available as im already a BT customer.

please help

Mark

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: constant disconnections

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Hi

no phone but line was quiet on testing in March

results from bt wholesale

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in JumperHigh Low High Low        VDSL Range A (Clean)

VDSL Range B (Impacted)

77.8552017.949AvailableAvailable--
75.951.42016.344AvailableAvailable--
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessWBC FTTP
Upto 1000Upto 220--Available1 Stage
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 6--4 to 8AvailableAvailable--
Up to 6Up to 14 to 8AvailableAvailable--
Up to 5--3.5 to 7.5AvailableAvailable--
2----AvailableAvailable--
2----Available----
Observed Speeds VDSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2020-05-22
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
N
N
N
04-05-2020

stats from router:

Information for Helpdesk agents
When contacting the BT Broadband helpdesk, the agent might ask you for details about your BT Home Hub. This page contains all of the information they are likely to request.

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+068543+NQ60136122
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.264 (Type A) Last updated 24/07/19
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 00:25:59
6. Data rate:19999 / 69536
7. Maximum data rate:24078 / 86305
8. Noise margin:7.9 / 9.7
9. Line attenuation:20.3 / 16.1
10. Signal attenuation:19.6 / 16.9
11. Data sent/received:3.9 GB / 127.7 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi:No
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub5-PZRG
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:BTHub5-PZRG
19. 5 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 a/n/ac (up to 1300 Mb/s))
20. 5 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
21. 5 GHz Wireless channel:Automatic (Smart Wireless)
22. Firewall:Default
23. MAC Address:84:a4:23:27:6d:dc
24. Modulation:G.993.2 Annex B
25. Software variant:AA
26. Boot loader:1.0.0
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

update, connected a phone to do silent line test, no noise heard

( 141.530000) PPPoE is up -​ Down Rate=63733Kbps, Up Rate=19999Kbps; SNR Margin Down=11.8dB, Up=15.2dB

snr has increased, rang help desk who advise snr is nothing to worry about as it handles by lione itself automatcally

what did concern me is the speed drop, and also the fact that the helpdesk coould not see the 9 disconnections over the last 24 hours. i have reset the hub which in turn has wiped the log of the disconnections.

speed test as ran by helpdedsk shows line speed of 55.5 but was told at start of call the line was running fine at 76.

what do i do? they seem unwilling to acknowledge theres an issue or even confirm if repair work was done on the pole.

ive reported this issue multiple times over the last 18 months without a permament fix.

also i cant upgrade to FTTP without the halo option. i dont need the halo or complete wifi as most of muy wifi devices are in one room and i use gigabit ethernet.

4 months left on contract then im off to virgin

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

You can upgrade without the halo option. Halo is an add on and is not necessary to take on upgrade. Ring the FTTP team 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Managedntongetbabopenteachbengineerbout. Who saw the disconnections.. Ran all the tests and everything checked out. Copper was fine.. Fibre line was fine.. Agreed speeds were lower than expected..  Thought it was the hub so swapped it for a factory refurb I got in Sept 2019. Reset the dlm and boom back to 79. 9. That was around 1.55pm. All good until around midnight and boom line dropped.. Speed same but still gotthe LCP error message.  Its now on for 7 hours so will check when I get home. Looks like error still exists. He told me to mention the LCP error message next time I speak to tech. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

hi all

was hoping not to be updating this again so soon.

connection was stable for 3 days. dropped yesterday mornng (friday). dropped 3 more times today, once this morning, o twice this afternoon. same message ppp lcp send termination request (end user)

called bt tech, ran all the tests, agent mentionsome sort of error showin on line. sometimes high some times low. offered either another engineer visit or to retrain the line to a slower speed.  but couldnbt tell me how much speed i would lose

she seemed to suggest the line was unstable and this was possiblly due to high SNR. which is currenlty 7.6 down 15.4 up

the last connection lasted 81 mins

before that 15 hours

before that 11 hours

speeds have not really changed form 79.9 to now 76

its starting the get really annoying. why cant my line be fixed?

maybe i should unlock the huawei openreach modem and use that instead of the internal home hub 5 type a one

is the only option really for me to upgrade to a more expensive package such as fttp?

thanks

Mark

0 Ratings