cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
egor110
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

constant dropouts

I had my infinity installed on april 10th, and it dropped out in the evening until i restarted it.

Every single evening i have had drop outs so far.

I've contacted bt customer care and have been told there is a line fault and it's now fixed, that my hub was locked onto 1 channel rather than auto searching the best channel, this was changed to auto search and then that evening exactly the same problem.  

Then on 17th i was told it must be a wireless issue and i have to use all devices wired to the hub , and that providing wireless capability is not in bt's terms and conditions.

So for the last 2 days i've had my laptop wired up to the hub instead of using wifi and guess what?

friday evening the speed dropped to 0 until i restarted the hub it then worked fine from 10pm friday until 7pm sat when the speed dropped to 0.121 i then restarted the hub and at 9pm speed was down to 0.864/ 0.017 until sunday morning when i restarted the hub and now have speeds of 19.7.

Now i think this pretty much proves the faults is not a wireless fault , so will someone from bt ( not the indian call centre) now please get this sorted as my only alternative is to head to ofcom to get me out of my 12 month contract.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: constant dropouts

Could go to the helpdesk and copy the info onto the forum

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

Sorry my bad onto this thread

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
egor110
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

What's the help desk?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

the help desk page from the hub manager interface