cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

constant hh5 disconnections/reboots

hi right where do i start... ive been with bt since the 27th of april and from the following day i had a 26mb dl speed and a 6mb upload speed to constant disconnections and speed drop to somedays 20mb dl speed and 4.5 upload this was happening quite constantly throughout the day so i called bts so called tech guys which in my opinion are useless and they gave me the give it a week to settle so i did

after a week of non stop problems i called back and surprise surprise the line test came up with no faults so i decided to use the bt wholesale test and got the speed results but when i tried to do the further diag option no shock to me it said it couldnt be completed due to an error so after a month of calling them back everyday with records of my disconnections they still couldnt find any errors on the line and can any1 tell me if they can see my system log on my hh5 because its recorded on there

well i finally managed to get an openreach engineer out to take a look and he tried to do a full line test and said it wasnt possable because it was a rouge line because of the number change and the only test he could do was a rein test and found there was rein coming from my laptop mains charger but never had that problem with my sky service who i had been with for 4 years so he did a factory reset on the router and i havent used my laptop charger since or used the laptop and all of a sudden after a week i have major disconnections again 

so i called so called customer services again they said they will do a line test so i told them you cant because its a rouge line but he did it anyway and said he saw drop outs and told me to monitor it until they called back between 10am and 11am and yet at this time 1930 i still have had no call back and disconnections all day

now to me this is against any rules towards providing a service and as ive tried to leave bt because of this absolute rubbish service all i get told is that i will get charged £300 pound plus if i do it really feels like i am fighting a losing battle because it seems like bt dont care for customers after they have got them signed up plus when i 1st signed upto bt they said my speeds should be between 26mb - 36mb dl speed and 6-8 upload i also have had a new hh5 sent which obviously wasnt the problem only other way i can think of doing is buying myself a different router because i dont seem to be getting any help from bt

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: constant hh5 disconnections/reboots

The forum mods offered assistance when you previously posted on 22/5 - did you complete the email and send to mods?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

i couldnt find my previous post to check on it could you send me the link to it plz

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/Re-Lots-of-disconnects-and-then-steady-PPP-...
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings