Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tenchi24
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Orange lights fixed, Speed has been destroyed

Go to solution
Sorry to double post but - the connection dropped again, orange flashing lights etc and has yet to come back on. The hub log has this line though: PPP LCP Send termination request. It was at this time the connection dropped. And looking back its been there everytime its dropped. I've read about this being an exchange problem? Can anyone help? You guys have been great so far.
0 Ratings
tenchi24
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Go to solution
Sorry for all the posts, hub just came back on.

4:22:49, 21 Jul. (21214.910000) DSL noise margin: 7.00 dB upstream, 6.20 dB downstream
04:22:49, 21 Jul. (21214.830000) DSL line rate: 416 Kbps upstream, 352 Kbps downstream
0 Ratings
SuperSajuuk
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 18

Go to solution
You can access the helpdesk information without needing to plug the laptop directly into the router....
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 18

Go to solution

i would go back to customer services and see if you can get a new hub as yours keeps dropping connection and flashing orange way longer than I would expect before connecting - and conenction is poor.  did you actually cancel the engineer visit?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tenchi24
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Go to solution

Yeah I know, didn't realise hh4 doesn't display it outside of the help log...

The engineer was for the phone line fault, but he's still coming as there's still noise on the line.

Would I have to pay for a new hub? Im guessing its not a common problem.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 18

Go to solution

if you have a phone fault that could easily be causing your broadband problem so wait until engineer fixes phone fault and see if internet is better

if you get a replacement for a faulty hub then provided you are in contract (not rolling) you should get replacement free

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
tenchi24
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 18

Go to solution

Just to let you know, engineer fixed line fault, normal connection was restored within minutes. Sorry home hub 4, I was quick to judge you.

Cheers for the help guys.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

Go to solution

thanks for update - as I said the line problem could easily be your broadband problem

0 Ratings