cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 41 of 77

Re: contract is 76 mbps i get 38 mbps

Has any of the engineers moved you onto another port at the cabinet?

0 Ratings
Alan63
Expert
Message 42 of 77

Agree with that. This is odd. Beyond what I know.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
ghostzz
Contributor
Message 43 of 77

think so cant be 100% sure

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 44 of 77

@Ratty2012 wrote:

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

Run a speed test on anyones line and you will see those sort of fluctuations.

Not if the line has no errors on, as I have seen many many speedtests with no fluctuations

Ive seen many speedtests with lots of fluctuations and no errors on the line. Its down to more things than local errors.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 45 of 77

If they have then that rules out any problems with either the cabinet or the connection from the cabinet to the rest of BT's network

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 46 of 77

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

Ive seen many speedtests with lots of fluctuations and no errors on the line. Its down to more things than local errors.

Many line errors do not show up on the line stats, it's not like ADSL stats, VDSL works slightly different.

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 47 of 77

@Ratty2012 wrote:
@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

Many line errors do not show up on the line stats, it's not like ADSL stats, VDSL works slightly different.

Yes but its still not just local errors. Congestion on the backhaul network, and at the servers at the far end can both cause fluctuations on a speedtest.

0 Ratings
somniac
Aspiring Expert
Message 48 of 77

Quote from hifistud:

"I'm interested to know how you would market Infinity, then. How would you sell it?"

I would be a bit less....er...shall we say...optimistic about what speeds prospective customers will get.

I have had a speed of about 19mps for months now (the fastest it has been) and yet I have just done a speed check for my line on this site and got this:

BT Infinity Superfast fibre optic broadbandSuperfast fibre optic broadbandGreat news! You are eligible for superfast BT Infinity.

36.0Mb download
6.0Mb upload
Now

It couldn't be clearer.

Not "up to". Not "round about" not "somewhere near" not "in the ball park"

Take a look at most of the threads on this forum.

If you still don't get it, you don't want to.

0 Ratings
Ratty2012
Recognised Expert
Message 49 of 77

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

Yes but its still not just local errors. Congestion on the backhaul network, and at the servers at the far end can both cause fluctuations on a speedtest.

That would be the case with ADSL but not with Infinity as the routing works very different

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 50 of 77

@Ratty2012 wrote:

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

That would be the case with ADSL but not with Infinity as the routing works very different

@Ratty2012 wrote:

@Deathtrap3000 wrote:

Its all the same once it gets onto the 21cn network. Are you saying the speedtest servers prioritise infinity traffic??

0 Ratings