Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mXb
Contributor
Message 21 of 32

Re: daily password change

Now started getting a new page when trying to login to my email account

"We're Upgrading your email"

I wonder if this will fix the problem or create more ?

0 Ratings
mXb
Contributor
Message 22 of 32

... and the **bleep** word in my previous post was not what you probably thought, but 4 letters, the first being "d" and the last "n".

Hardly a word to shock anyone's sensibilities these days ?

0 Ratings
bronwenmackay
Beginner
Message 23 of 32

This has been happening to me for a full (yes, not kidding) year now, about the time we got the notification about the move (back) from BT Yahoo email to BT email (which has still not happened for me- a year and counting later).

It is completely random, not daily every week or even happening every week but in the past year I have had more password changes than there are days in the year.

Having repeatedly raised this with BT I am told that there was an issue (now resolved) and that I ought to be able to "sign in" once more.  And that despite having made it clear that I do not (and never have done) check my email online-  I use an email client.

I was then (after clarifying what I was reporting for the umpteenth time) asked to telephone BT to discuss my security measures, something I had done last year with absolutely no effect.

I am beginning to lose the will to live and thank you for posting as it helps me with my vestiges of sanity.

0 Ratings
mXb
Contributor
Message 24 of 32

As mentioned earlier in this thread, copy and paste

mail.yahoo.com

into the box that shows the web address and press the Enter key. Then login to your email account there.

Make sure that you aren't  already logged into a BT email account on another tab.

This apparently bypasses the troublesome BT servers (?) that are causing the problem.

So far this has worked for me...

0 Ratings
Karen09
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 32

I'm going through the same exact thing.  I've put about 40 hours into trying to field my way through this mishmosh of tier 1's and 2's trying to play hero and come up with absolutely ludicrous reasons or fixes that we know will not work and prove to not work because they can't seem to accept this is a server issue and find someone senior and responsible to fix it.

I can't stand this constant logging into yahoo.com to get my email to be able to come into my email client and not have the login rejected.

This is ridiculous.. just plain bad management at some level to have continued on so long and have so many poor responses from the help desks relating to it.

0 Ratings
NooNoosdad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 32

I have been having this problem for Months also but not quite as often as a Daily Password Change. Normally get this BT Warning that Unusual Activity has been detected perhaps once every two to three weeks etc. This is quite irritating when trying read stuff on my Mobile Phone or Tablet when away from my main PC whilst away from Home.

The most recent change was a couple of days agao but last night I noticed another problem but decided to leave it till today to sort out. When I checked it this morning, everything is back to normal and no action had to be taken. Just wondering whether this New Look BT Yahoo Mail is causing issues ?

0 Ratings
lewisconquer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 32

I had this problem. Try loging in using login.yahoo.com. That seems to have fixed it

0 Ratings
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 32

I've getting this every few weeks but now it's getting more frequent.

Could it be that BT are seeing accessing from multiple devices a suspicious activity?

I triggered it once by logging in on 2 browsers at once.

Perhaps BT just don't understand how people want to use webmail.

0 Ratings
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 32

@lewisconquer wrote:

I had this problem. Try loging in using login.yahoo.com. That seems to have fixed it

I used to be able to do that to allow me to download to Thunderbird (I don't trust BT not to lose important emails) but today, the Yahoo address isn't accepring my new password (or the old one).

0 Ratings
Pavel
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 32

Hi

I've had another day of frustration with this so called detection of login failures, and my password being suspended.

I've spent this morning and part of the afternoon battleing with trying to get into my mail.

1st the change the password screen would not complete correctly!

Then when it did and I tried to log back in to e-mail I get the change your password again message!

I thought I had cracked this problem by not using Thunderbird and only accessing my mail on my Mac and via browser elsewhere, but NO.

What is going on, it is a huge waste of my time and really puts me in a bad frame of mind .... 

Does BT not have any one capable of sorting this out?

regards

Pavel (ex BT Designer and no I did not design this service!)

0 Ratings