cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoJo_79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 22

Re: data usage cap

Any update on this? I haven't heard anything and my BT recent usage says £37 for something that is not supposed to go over £5.
0 Ratings
JoJo_79
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 22

BT today confirmed that the cap had been set correctly and it also confirmed that this is an error at their end. The £37 will be taken off my account when the next bill is produced.

0 Ratings
IainL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 22

This post should not be marked solved - BT have not given me any solution as yet

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 22

@IainL wrote:

This post should not be marked solved - BT have not given me any solution as yet

Unmarked, until solution has been found.

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 15 of 22

@IainL wrote:

Hi @IainL,

I am sorry that this has not been sorted out for you as of yet.  @OlgaC dropped you an email on Saturday morning to let you know that she has sent a request to the mobile team to have this looked into.  I have just doubled checked and your complaint is in the work stack for the mobile team and I would hope you will get a reply sometime today.  Rest assured this will be resolved.

Sorry for the delay.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
IainL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 22

This is the response I received

===================

I am so sorry that this hasn’t been resolved yet. I spoke with the BT Mobile team and they have advised that this is a known issue that is affecting a small number of users wherein the system is saying that your data usage limit has been reached even though it hasn’t. The BT Mobile team are working hard to resolve this but a fix may not be in place until the end of July. They have advised that you should increase your data cap to allow you to be able to use your service fully. Any excess charges will be refunded back to you. The BT Mobile team will check your account after your next bill is produced on the 20/06 and refund any excess charges that have been applied incorrectly.

==================

So, no solution as yet - and raising the cap as suggested seems rather counterintuitive as it's actually in place for a reason. And the problem isn't the cap anyway, the problem is I've been overcharged for data while there is still a significant amount of data that is available within the allowance so raising the cap would not actually have the desired effect other than run the risk of BT overcharging by even more...

0 Ratings
IainL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 22

ah well, now it's gone further above the cap - it's a shame BT can't make any significant effort to fix something which is almost certainly a trivial fix in terms of programming - can anyone let me know if this deliberate overcharging (I use deliberate as this is now clearly over the cap I have in place and these charges have steadily increased since alerting BT to the problem) constitutes a breach of contract on the part of BT?

0 Ratings
andy7866
Beginner
Message 18 of 22

i have The same issue i moved my daughter to Bt Mobile from Tesco after a year of trouble free service where she had never used the 500 m of data on her tarrif ........................ 2 days after she changed to the BT sim , we were already getting mesages saying she was nearing her data allowance , and was told by someone at BT mobile that this was an issue in the billing equipment and was affecting lots of customers ...............................have been urged to keep increasing my data cap to a point where my £5 tarriff is now £29 ( apparently ) in excess of the data allowance of 500 mb and after many different opinions from various people they now tell me she IS actually using hundreds of meg when she is sleeping or at school , which i find incredulous at best ................................. although being told that wrongly billed usage would be refunded , i have already had a taster of the BT analyst telling me thay the usage is legitimate , even though she hasnt reached her inclusive allowance on the bt mobile system i can see ................................. Its 2 months nearly since we moved her to BT mobile and i have thrown in the towell trying to get this sorted and today taken out another Tesco mobile contract and hoping to port her number back by the weekend for some sanity ........................ have spent hours on the phone and on chat and its now too painful to make my daily call to BT mobile where nothing gets resolved
0 Ratings
IainL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 22

...and still the costs keep rising, I guess customers are just not important enough to BT any more to make any real effort to try and resolve their issues...

0 Ratings
IainL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 22

Thought I'd update this in case others are having the same problem - and to make BT aware that the same problem has occurred this charge period - what has happened is that BT have removed the excess charge from the most recent bill. But immediately the next period started the charges appeared again even although there is plenty of data allowance available. Hopefully BT will respond and assure me that this charge will be taken from my next bill...

0 Ratings