Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vanilla7986
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

deals for existing customers

Go to solution
I have been with BT now for over 1 year signal is **bleep** complained but still ctap under 1mb ALL the time on standard bt which shoyld be between 1-3 mb hinking about switching to sky as free for 1 year unlimited and upto 17 mb so rang to see if BT could offer me a better told I could upgrade to faster unlimited for £21 pm said is that the best as you have a deal on line deal for new customers at £8 pm for faster unlimited as no fibre where I am
Got told I dont believe you've seen that deal on line '
Said they could not match and I'd only get same at speed deal at sky
Think they ignored the free bit with sky
I'd like to stay with BT but ask the question why they will not match o. Line offers s d I'm very y peeved off being g accused of lying
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: deals for existing customers

Go to solution
The online iffers are for new customers only. You should try options team and see if they can give better deal. 0800800030

If you can only get 1/3mb just now then sky even withh LLU wont do much better if at all. The speed sky quote is up to 17mb not that you will get that speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

@vanilla7986 wrote:
... told I could upgrade to faster unlimited for £21 pm said is that the best as you have a deal on line deal for new customers at £8 pm for faster unlimited as no fibre where I am

The 'Unlimited Faster Broadband' package is fibre broadband. It covers speeds between 2Mbps and 15Mbps. You need FTTC to be available for your line. Those whose line can support FTTC speeds of 15+Mbps can get the 'Infinity' fibre broadband packages, though as mentioned earlier the best offers are only available to new customers.

Both use exactly the same VDSL2 technology for delivery. The achievable speed depends on your distance to the street cabinet and the quality of the copper cabling from it to your home.

See  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47740/~/what-is-unlimited-faster-broadband%3F

umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

Try your BT number in the BT Wholesale Availability Checker and look for the speed ranges listed under FTTC and ADSL.

vanilla7986
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution
If the unlimited faster broadband is fibre then what was the unlimited faster they offered as faster speed was defo mentioned by the call taker for the unlimited at £21 pm
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

use the checker link umpire posted and post the results to show the options which you have available

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
vanilla7986
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution
Okay so on checker these were the results
No ideas what they mean if anyone can help decifer

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

High Low High Low
FTTC Range A (Clean) 14.8 8.8 1.3 0.8 -- Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 12 5.2 1.2 0.5 -- Available

WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 1 -- 1 to 3 Available
ADSL Max Up to 0.75 -- 0.75 to 2.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
FTTP on Demand 330 30 -- Available
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
The speeds you can get on FTTC 5.2 TO 14..8 MB puts you in the faster broadband package speed range
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution
As already posted as your estimated speed is about 15mb BT will not sell you infinity but will sell you faster broadband with fibre which is the same FTTC.

the deals for renewing fibre connections are few and far between for existing customers

0 Ratings
vanilla7986
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
Thanks
0 Ratings