Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonyk77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a btinternet.com account

Hi

Several people have reported to me that they are getting bounced emails sent to one of my BT Mail addresses.

Part of the bounce message (I deleted the personal email addresse) is:

........................................................................................................................

Failed; 5.3.0 (other or undefined mail system status)

Remote MTA mx-bt.mail.am0.yahoodns.net: network error

- SMTP protocol diagnostic: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a btinternet.com account

................................................................................................................................................

If I send to this account from a webmail program (I've tried 3 different ones)), it works.
If I send a test message from Outlook it bounces or just does not arrive at all.
If I use the email address to forward the email to the same address it bounces with the above message.

The other interesting thing is that it refers to "yahoo.dns" - I am on BTMail - having had major problems when my account was migrated over from Yahoo.

This must be another BT side error as some emails get through - just not all of them which is worrying.

Can one of the Moderators please put me in touch with someone who can help.

Thanks

Tony

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
chancock
Beginner
Message 2 of 2

Re: delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a btinternet.com account

With btinternet.com at both ends, this problem continues and causes considerable inconvenience to both parties...

0 Ratings