cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

detected connection to insecure network

when i log in to my laptop i am getting this pop up from kaspersky 2017 ( detected connection to insecure network bt hub

we recommend that you run kaspersky secure connection)

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Liam_
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: detected connection to insecure network

Assuming you have not disabled the wireless security on the hub I suspect it's the security software being a little over zealous.  Perhaps you changed the password from the default and it thinks it's not strong enough.

On the other hand seems that some other security software is giving users similar warnings.  So provided you use a decent password I doubt it's anything to worry about.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Are you running Windows 10 by any chance?  If you are you might find that W10 has set your connection up as a Public Network and not a Private Network. I think it does this by default. This may be causing Kaspersky to report it as insecure.  

0 Ratings
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

i am on windows 10 its set to private, my laptop is dual band my pc is using 5ghz. and my printer and windows phone on

2.4. hub is set to sync with 2.4 yes. i have turned off wps. and changed the wireless key because the green marker said it was weak. i have just removed the printer and windows moblie phone from the hub logged on to my pc and the issue i had has

stopped.

the popup started after i used windows reset (web pages slow and email would not load} but then found out it was a fault with

my broadband line. broadband seams to be back up to speed now.

do i need to change my hub settings so i can use my printer and moblie through the hub.

0 Ratings