cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamjar62
Expert
Message 1 of 8

different routers

Hi All I just wondered what other routers are recommended to work  with Infinity ? any ideas welcome 🙂

JamJar62
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
madhatter2426
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: different routers

Billion 7800N works fine here.Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Stuartd
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

I use a Asus N66u but for the money you really can't go wrong with the N56U, they are both immense and about the best you can get right now.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-RT-N56U-Wireless-Hardware-streaming/dp/B004TPWRSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qi...

0 Ratings
Busa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Hi i'am getting infinity 2 installed this week and i have a Billion 7800N router too do you get better speeds with it compared to the HH?

Kev

0 Ratings
Deadeyeshark
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

I am awaiting my installation and plan on using the Apple Extreme Airport with the Infinity modem - has anyone else had any success with this configuration?

0 Ratings
madhatter2426
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Hi Busa. No difference in speeds but the wireless range is better with the Billion.

Deadeye Sharp. I I have tried with my airport extreme and it works fine just set up the airport to login with ppoe.
0 Ratings
techietav
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

I also swapped to an Asus RT-N66U and did notice better throughput, although the negotiated speed is about the same.  On speedtest.net throughput used to be very variable, now I get a solid flat line which proves to me that the HH had insufficient CPU to cope.  WiFi reception is much improved and I can get a connection from the other end of the house, which I couldn't with the HH.  It's also been on for 48 days straight without need for a reboot, unlike the HH which was nearly daily.  With QoS enabled on the Asus I find I get very reliable streaming and multiple downloads, etc.

0 Ratings
Jorvikwarrior
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I use my AirPort Extreme with no problems using the following settings

First, ensure modem is synced (POWER and DSL lights lit

1. Openreach modem to WAN port on Airport Extreme (either direct or via Powerline). Modem LAN1 light should blink abit.

2. Spare Airport Extreme LAN to LAN or setup wireless.

3. Airport Utility/Select Device/Edit

4. Internet Tab

PPPoE

Account Name bthomehub@btbroadband.com

one blank space (tap spacebar!) for password

Service Name - Your choice

Disconnect if Idle - Never

Primary DNS - leave blank for BT DNS Servers or enter others manually (OpenDNS, Google DNS etc)

Secondary DNS - same as above

Wireless - If using Wireless, ensure you use WPA2 Personal (others can effect security/speed)

NetworkRouter Mode - DHCP and NAT

Tick Enable NAT Port Mapping Protocol

0 Ratings