Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poorjonny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 37

Re: do this do that.. Done it all !

Go to solution

Just an update,

I've been in contact with a guy from the BT forum mod team and he has been very helpful, after running through different things he organised a engineer to call round on Monday to do a few tests.

Monday morning the engineer turned up at 8am, right on time.. Smiley Happy and began by running test with his gismo on the line.. no problems there.. his machine returned very few errors and a download speed of 15 mbps and an upload of 2.5 mbps.. Which he said is what it should be for the distance I am from the exchange.. Urmmm me thinks I may have a problem with my two home computers then..

He then rang the service Dept and got them to test things from there end.. Everything tickerty-boo..

I was beginning to feel a little stupid for waisting people's time and again thought it must be something to do with my computer..

"I know!" says engineer, " "lets try plugging my laptop and my modem into your line and see what happens"

low and behold after running a few different speed tests he got the same results as me.. Great download speed but no upload speed at all !  .. Hooray ! I thought maybe we can get somewhere now..

So, after much head scratching engineer phones service Dept up again and explains to them his test results from his laptop..

The answer was not good..

As far as BT are concerned I'm getting what I should be getting as its measured on download speed..

"Oh dear", says engineer.. "sorry but there's nothing I can do.. re contact BT yourself and see what they say."

I must say he did everything he could to try and convince them there was and is a problem but to no avail.. He spent an hour and half trying..

So I've emailed the mod team back with the outcome of Mondays visit and am awaiting their reply..

I've been racking my brains to try and think what it could be, what if they are capping me ? Would this affect my upload speed ??.. I'm currently on option 3 broadband which is unlimited so shouldn't be capped.. 

Hey-ho , I will post again when mods have got back to me...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 37

Go to solution

posting your current stats will enable the mods to see amy changes after the engineer visit and also the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 37

Go to solution

any details you can post will help the mods

0 Ratings
poorjonny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 37

Go to solution

unfortunately I am unable to upload the screen shots taken of new test results... keeps failing on upload.

I'll keep trying

0 Ratings
poorjonny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 37

Go to solution

newscreen.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 37

Go to solution

you have a 16.25mb connection which about right for your attenuation - upload is ok as well

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
poorjonny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 37

Go to solution

Untitled.jpg

0 Ratings
poorjonny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 37

Go to solution

yep it reads the upload is ok, until you run a online speed test then its very low..

Its just taken me 10 minutes to upload the two screenshots.. both of which are only 63 kb

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 37

Go to solution

the upload speed is really low compared to your up connection speed - still a problem so mod help required

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 37

Go to solution
could you run a speedtest using speedtest.net and post that
0 Ratings