cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

download speed

hi it seems my dl speed doesnt match my connection speed which is 69.3 so dl should be at 66mbp but is way down at 50 to 57mbp on xb1 so ive lost 15 more mbp,there is a service alert for xbox atm.speedtest.net saying its 66 which is more like it,should i reset hub or wait it out? as i only got fibre for xb1 dl as there crazy big from time to time ie always : / im wired before you ask. ps the test on bt.com does its tests but never finishes them always fails but that proberly cos im using xb1's browser its not the best. pps how do i find out my contract length i cant remember if it was 12 or 18 months i signed up for?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: download speed

If your speeds are "slow" then it could just be the xb1 servers. The speedtests on my ps4 are nowhere near the speeds when using other tests.

Either way, a throughput of 50meg with an IP profile of 69.3meg wouldn't be deemed as a fault.

The fact speedtest.net shows it to be 66 proves that the issue isn't with the connection but more likelt elsewhere on the network.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Hi outy and thanks for posting.

Webby's right here. XB1 tests can be unreliable when it comes to checking the connection speed. Have you tried www.speedtest.btwholesale.com? If not give that a go and post the results.

The billing live chat team can help with your contract term question.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

tks for the reply i guess it must be xbox servers having an off day,i havnt tryed that speed as it needs to bee wired and my laptops old and i use a kindle so no ethernet and xb1 doesnt have flash,speedtest.net (beta) on xbox came back at 66three times to three different servers so it must be LIVE.tks for the links ill be back if it doesnt improve.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

am i right in thinking if my contracts up i can just sign with different isp no need for MAC KEY anymore? zen look decent no offence : )
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

If the issue is solely with the xbox speed then it's not a BT problem.

Even so, 50meg is still more than enough to do anything.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings