cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmyd
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

e-mail alias'

After spending over an hour on the phone BT helping got Outlook receiving e-mails from my dial.pipex.com account by registering the account on Yahoo. BUT the solution only seems to work with the primary dial.pipex.com account and not with an alias e-mail address. Does anyone have a solution? Sorry if I'm not using the correct terms - I can press the buttons - but I am far from an expert.  I need to send e-mails as me rather than xyz01@dial.pipex.com!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: e-mail alias'

@jimmyd wrote:

After spending over an hour on the phone BT helping got Outlook receiving e-mails from my dial.pipex.com account by registering the account on Yahoo. BUT the solution only seems to work with the primary dial.pipex.com account and not with an alias e-mail address. Does anyone have a solution? Sorry if I'm not using the correct terms - I can press the buttons - but I am far from an expert.  I need to send e-mails as me rather than xyz01@dial.pipex.com!

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

It sounds like you've gone through the address verification system in order to keep using your pipex email address - is that correct ?

You don't usually need to alter anything to receive emails (sending is a different matter). So if you already had the details for receipt of your "alias" emails then that should still function, though it still might end up going to the primary address.

Sending needs extra work, but as long as you can receive the email in the correct format you wish - this can be achieved using the address verification method.

Sorry it seems complicated, and it might be a little easier if you say email me directly for some extra help. I may need to ask for some screen shots of your settings and other details if that's alright.

As long as you can get emails into Outlook (i.e. that means pop3 access from your pipex account), then it should be possible.

0 Ratings
jimmyd
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: e-mail alias'

Thanks. Yes - I can receive e-mails to the alias account, but I can only send e-mails from the primary account - which has the form xyz01@dial.pipex.com. If I use the alias form name@dial.pipex.com in Outlook and use the same form in Yahoo to define the sub-accounts for verivication, then the verification fails & I fail to understand! Doesn't seem logical - but then this is computing!*!

0 Ratings