cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
landie57
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 6

e mail repeatedly downloading tooutlook

This morning every time i use send/receive on MS Outlook 2007 (Windows 7) it downloads the entire contents of the BT Yahoo mail inbox. Looking at the inbox on BT Yahoo via the BT.com home page new items are not shown as downloaded, even though they have been.

Anybody else having a similar problem?

Is it BT Yahoo or MS outlook/ Windows issue?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: e mail repeatedly downloading tooutlook

It could be either. Either Outlook isn't telling the server it has downloaded the mail or the server is not receiving that it has been downloaded. You could try configuring the account on Thunderbird temporarily to see if that works ok to rule out one or the other.

0 Ratings
chamber_boy
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

I'm having the same issue and yet another problem to add to my list.

I'm unfortunately still on BT Yahoo email.

Started on Sunday and if I download via POP3 it does not mark it as read either on Webmail or IMAP. Marking it as read via IMAP client or Webmail does the trick.

I suspect a mis configured server is the most likely explanation and the weekend is always a good time that they do changes or updates. I can't be bothered to contact the email desk as they will say they don't support email clients and it is your email set up/PC like pre programmed robots.

Who does their quality controlled testing?, as the whole email system is seriously flawed and broken and not a good advertisement for the company.
0 Ratings
tmpogeorge
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I am having exactlyy the same problem ie downloaded emails not being marked as read since last Sunday. It doesn't matter whatether I download to my PC, lap top tablet or phone. SO it is obviously a bt problem with yahoo mail can somebody sort it our please.

0 Ratings
dgw65
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I am having the same issue. I am also using MS Outlook 2007 (Windows 10).

I now have over 600 duplicate emails to delete!!

Luckily I noticed the problem before it downloaded the entire contents of the BT Yahoo inbox

0 Ratings
landie57
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Not wanting to tempt fate but  seems to be only downloading new e mails today.

However looking at inbox on BT Yahoo it shows everything recieved from 09:11 on 13th March as not downloaded, last one shown as downloaded is at 08:30 on 13th March

0 Ratings