cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: e mail with attachments keeps repeating

Hi Keith – thanks for the reply.

I thought it a bit odd, but that’s what they said - that there’s a known issue, but implied that it’s been around for a few weeks and Yahoo are in particular hurry to fix it.

There’s nothing wrong with sending – it’s the receiving that is problematic and it may be worth a punt sending yourself a couple of Mb if you have the time. Please note that if it does the same for you it will block subsequent mail until you go into Yahoo and delete the offender.

All best

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

I may try it when I get a moment, just out of interest. I have a 12mb connection, so things transfer quite fast.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 17

Sorry Keith, I'm in the middle of deepest, rural Wales...... Nowhere near that speed. 

We can't even get a mobile signal for ten miles around, but that's another story.

But if any other poster could try it out, I'd interested to hear the reuslts.

All best regards

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

This is still happening to me and many other people I know using Yahoo and Thunderbird.  It is a pain because we have to logon to Yahoo web mails to delete the offending email with the large attachment before any othe email can be delivered.  Why can't these suppliers be honest, tell us what's wrong and when it might be fixed?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 17

I had all this trouble back in April,May, June. I wiped Yahoo and Outlook Express off my computer, result-end of problem
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

So, with my main e mail address as "Btinternet" i.e. Yahoo, what's the alternative.

I like Firefox and Thunderbird - it is not their problem.

The Boys in Bangalore seemed quite content to admit there was a long-standing issue and they hadn't a clue what the fix was. Job done as far as they were concerned.

Complianing to BT is, frankly, a waste of effort, because worse still, they don't care.. ...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 17

@white-dragon wrote:
I had all this trouble back in April,May, June. I wiped Yahoo and Outlook Express off my computer, result-end of problem

Hi.

You don't wipe Yahoo and OE off the computer, latest computers don't come with OE. Yahoo! is a web based system, and although users can load browser add-ins, it's not "on" the computer.

The issue as described has nothing to do with stuck emails, that would affect any mail client equally - not just OE.

0 Ratings