cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grandma
Aspiring Contributor
Message 31 of 47

Re: email Error Number: 0x800CCC92

I notice that Account Information in Outlook is still showing my account name as including upper case letters and also in the Email Accounts screen, but from what you said yesterday this should not make any difference.

SSL was ticked, I have now unticked it.

Also ticked is 'Leave Copy of messages on server - remove after 14 days'.

Now back to getting the 0x.......92 error message.

I'll try changing to the Yahoo mail server.

0 Ratings
Grandma
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 47

I've tried the Yahoo server but no luck there, I'm afraid.

Tomorrow when I have more time I shall call BT again.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 33 of 47

@Grandma wrote:

I've tried the Yahoo server but no luck there, I'm afraid.

Tomorrow when I have more time I shall call BT again.

Hi again.

Can you post the complete error message received (removing any personal info), so that it can be checked further.

in Outlook 2010, there's an tab Send/Receive, in which there's an options Send/Receive groups - enabling you to pick an email address and press the Inbox option.

If you can have a go at receiving only, and see if the error still appears. This is to determine which part of the process is failing.

Make sure that you put the server names back to both mail.btinternet.com

0 Ratings
Grandma
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 47

Task '********@btinternet.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) 'Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings'. The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] Incorrect user name or password.

By the way, ******** did include the original upper case letters.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 35 of 47

@Grandma wrote:

Task '********@btinternet.com - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) 'Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings'. The server responded: -ERR [AUTH] Incorrect user name or password.

By the way, ******** did include the original upper case letters.

Thanks for the info.

Can you confirm that back in the Outlook settings, you can use the Test Account Settings button, and it logs in and also sends a test email ?

0 Ratings
Grandma
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 47

Hi Andy,

Sorry, I've been out this afternoon, so have just seen your posting.

I confirm that I can use the Test Account Settings button but it brings up the usual popup window requesting my user name and password and then I get this error message:

Send test email message: Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 37 of 47

@Grandma wrote:

Hi Andy,

Sorry, I've been out this afternoon, so have just seen your posting.

I confirm that I can use the Test Account Settings button but it brings up the usual popup window requesting my user name and password and then I get this error message:

Send test email message: Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.

If you can still access your mail by going into webmail via a browser, then try my shortcuts (link below) option 12b - and look at the Product.

Things to check in the main Outlook Settings are :-

1. Password - if stored, overwrite with the one that works via webmail. I know you already have done this, but just to make sure.

@2. In the username - try 3 different ways - one without the but after the @, then with @btinternet.com, then with @btopenworld.com

0 Ratings
Grandma
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 47

Hi Andy,

I opened my Outlook just now and it has spontaneously started to work, despite not working when I tried it earlier this morning, and I have done nothing new at all to cause it to do so.

All the outstanding emails have streamed in and I have mananged to send a couple.

I am astonished, and have no idea how this happened.

This being the case, I shall postpone taking any further steps for the time being, unless and until it goes wrong again.

I really do appreciate and thank you for all the help you have been giving to me, and maybe you have seen some fresh clues there that might explain why so many people seem to have had this problem.

Fingers crossed, and watch this space

Grandma

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 39 of 47

@Grandma wrote:

Hi Andy,

I opened my Outlook just now and it has spontaneously started to work, despite not working when I tried it earlier this morning, and I have done nothing new at all to cause it to do so.

All the outstanding emails have streamed in and I have mananged to send a couple.

I am astonished, and have no idea how this happened.

This being the case, I shall postpone taking any further steps for the time being, unless and until it goes wrong again.

I really do appreciate and thank you for all the help you have been giving to me, and maybe you have seen some fresh clues there that might explain why so many people seem to have had this problem.

Fingers crossed, and watch this space

Grandma

Hi,

Thanks for popping back to say it's working.

I'm afraid this is one of those cases I've seen a number of times over the years. It is an account access issue using a mail client program such as Outlook, Thunderbird etc. These fleeting problems typically may last a short time - but as you've seen has lasted over a week.

The major faults are easy to pick up as it affects a lot of people, but this is an individual failure. You tried the things that can sometimes help, but as you've seen it just started to work.

0 Ratings
Janetom
Message 40 of 47

Dear Grandma,

We were getting this error message also for the last several days.  We too have iphones etc, so wondering if it was a synchronisation problem.  I think my husband has just fixed it.  So try this:

go to tools/options/mail setup/ email accounts...

click on the account name

then click repair

type in your password (twice)

click next

finish

Anyway hope it works for you too.

Jane

0 Ratings