cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Janetom
Message 41 of 47

Re: email Error Number: 0x800CCC92

I see now you already fixed it. Anyway worth trying if it recurrs!
0 Ratings
JMJ_50
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 47

Does anyone have a long term  fix for this problem? I started getting the problem about 2 months after transferring to BT - never had it before. Wish I was still with my old provider despite the problems with them!  I have now had the problem for a month and keep hoping it will go away soon.  The only way I have found to 'fix it' it to log on to my email account (www.btinternet.com etc etc) and then my emails download so no problem with the password.  Very tedious as  I use my email accxount off an on all day! I have 2 other accounts and don't have any problems with downloading those just my main btinternet account, I have no problem with my iphobe or ipad just Outlook 2010

0 Ratings
BrianO
Beginner
Message 43 of 47

I see that this thread is quite old, but we have just started having exactly the same problem, and wonder if there is a permanent recent fix? My wife and I use the same Outlook screens to access and manage mail on a BTInternet account on a home PC. My login and account access still work fine, but my wife's keep throwing up the 0x800CCC92 error message or "Outlook could not connect to the outgoing SMTP Mail server becuse the server did not accept your username or password".  Outlook then gets locked into a loop, offering repeated Username/Password screens, with no result. We can both access e-mail via btYahoo.com/webmail without any problems. Any ideas? 

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 44 of 47

@BrianO wrote:

I see that this thread is quite old, but we have just started having exactly the same problem, and wonder if there is a permanent recent fix? My wife and I use the same Outlook screens to access and manage mail on a BTInternet account on a home PC. My login and account access still work fine, but my wife's keep throwing up the 0x800CCC92 error message or "Outlook could not connect to the outgoing SMTP Mail server becuse the server did not accept your username or password".  Outlook then gets locked into a loop, offering repeated Username/Password screens, with no result. We can both access e-mail via btYahoo.com/webmail without any problems. Any ideas? 

Does your wife also access her emails with an Ipad or Iphone or similar device ?

0 Ratings
BrianO
Beginner
Message 45 of 47

No.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 46 of 47

The following "Help" is on the UK Yahoo website. This "suggests" a new recent problem (last updated 3/5/2013).

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN5242&actp=search&viewlocale=en_GB&searchid=1367961...

In point 2 make sure that you logout before retrying Outlook. You do not need to do anything else.

You could also go into Outlook and check the settings for the SMTP server.

The "requires authentication" box should be ticked and "use same settings as my incoming server" should also be set.

Depending on the version of Outlook you are using there may also be a "test account settings" button you can use.

0 Ratings
BrianO
Beginner
Message 47 of 47

Problem has gone. My wife just logged into her BTYahoo webmail, using the username and password that were being rejected by the server through Outlook, then she changed the password to another one, and logged out. Next rtime we fired up Outlook, everything worked just fine! Coincidence? Serendipity? Who cares....for now, we're back up and running. Until the next time!

0 Ratings