cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fuddle
Message 1 of 4

email account password

I am experiencing an issue with my bt email account. I use Microsoft outlook and I have 3 email address that feed into this account. My password failed a week ago to send mail out although i could receive on the other accounts. I contacted BT and they said I ahd not used the account for 3 months so it had expired. They changed the password and all was fine. I then had the same issue again where it is asking me for my btinternet.com password. I put it in and it just keeps asking me. I went to yahoo.com and changed the password again and all statred to work again. The computor was turned off and on restarting the next day it failed again. I have changed the password again and hey presto it works again. Can anyone assist me in getting the password to work all the time.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: email account password

Fuddle,

Others have been having similar problems  see

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/E-mail-password-rejection/td-p/234061

One problem is when your password is constantly being rejected but it  is valid.

If you log in to your account via webmail and then log out without changing your password you find that the next time you use Outlook it works.  So do not keep changing your password. If this is your problem contact the forum moderators as for most people this seems to have been cured.

Second problem is when you are prompted for your password in Outlook and when you click OK it is accepted. This appears to be due to traffic overload. It helps to stop Outlook automatically checking for new emails and doing manual send/receives  when required.  If everyone did this it would reduce the load on the yahoo servers and improve the situation.

There are other problems of this nature but they tend to be more local to the users environment.

0 Ratings
Fuddle
Message 3 of 4

thanks

I have joined that forum and sent it to bt on their contact us link, lets see what happens, this is my first ime using anything like this so appreciate your help.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4
Moved:

0 Ratings