Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

email and mybt

Go to solution

hi

thanks for the help in advance

my email has recently been migraited to bt.com i tried accessing this today and it gave me the screen saying to link to mybt the problem is i do have a btid but this is not linked to any account so when i came to the verify my account holder status im a little confused whether or not to continue.

the reason why i havent linked an acount to this btid is ive been btinternet users for years back when it was debited from  your bank not from the bt account and when it changed we just never bothered with the btid because the bt account was in my mothers name even though i deal with every thing and live at the same address lol i should mention that the btid is in my name

so mainly i would love to know whether i can continue my email or whether i need to link the bt account with btid and if so will i need to change the name on the bt account as the account holder status would not be me or if i can just add my mothers account and change the status in mybt as described here http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45333/~/how-can-i-change-or-check-my-account-holder-s...

to me as this would also let me sort out her bill online

thanks for any help and sorry if this is in the wrong sections as its kind of two questions

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: email and mybt

Go to solution

Hi slaine2k,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having and that nobody has replied to you Smiley Sad

To be honest, I don't think anyone on the community would be able to help as we'll need to deal with it for you from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

If you could also include the link to this thread when you complete the form that would be great!

Thanks a million,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

And another welcome from me to these happy helpful forums slaine2k Smiley Happy

This thread might help, and there are two links to other relevant threads there:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/MyBT-and-primary-email-account-holder-mismatch/td-p/1243899

I don't know if anyone is any the wiser even now. Let us know how you get on.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

hi ya all i have sorted everything now i actually rang bt somewhere maybe Smiley Wink india Smiley Wink and after a few attempts of comms she took control of my labtop and just linked everything and at the same time answered the question about my moms bt account(household account) and my btid account 

the bt person said basically as long as my mother was in aggreement to me using my btid it was ok to link the accounts and put me as primary holder so now my life will be easier as i can now not worry about the email and i can also deal with my mothers accounts online such as paying them and veiwing them lol

thanks for any help given to this subject Yay

0 Ratings