cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: email from BT offering free Broadband Speed Boost.

Hi, it's a bit scrambled as I copied and pasted on my mobile, if you need further stats I'll do it again later in the pc

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability

WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 62.5 20 19 55.3 Available
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 12 of 17

I am discussed, the reason for these boosts is to retain customers, well it’s done the opposite for me. It starts with you have been with us for 10 years we are doubling your cloud storage. Not a speed boost which is what most people would like, I can get a much faster speed which I know Is fact. I used to be on infinity 2 which I got 80mb until a flood incident and after a long time at that speed I dropped to half a mb above infinity 1 so I dropped my package ( I don’t care about the money I want the speed). Anyway the point is after 10 years they have given double of nothing, I have never used cloud and will never use it as I have a different cloud service I use. SO THANK YOU BT AS A CUSTOMER OF TEN YEARS MY BOOST IS DOUBLE NOTHING. I will be buying out my contract and moving to sky, result in retaining customers, another marketing idea I guess.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 17

@AlienEight wrote:
I am discussed, the reason for these boosts is to retain customers, well it’s done the opposite for me. It starts with you have been with us for 10 years we are doubling your cloud storage. Not a speed boost which is what most people would like, I can get a much faster speed which I know Is fact. I used to be on infinity 2 which I got 80mb until a flood incident and after a long time at that speed I dropped to half a mb above infinity 1 so I dropped my package ( I don’t care about the money I want the speed). Anyway the point is after 10 years they have given double of nothing, I have never used cloud and will never use it as I have a different cloud service I use. SO THANK YOU BT AS A CUSTOMER OF TEN YEARS MY BOOST IS DOUBLE NOTHING. I will be buying out my contract and moving to sky, result in retaining customers, another marketing idea I guess.

Did you report a problem after the flooding. If you did, what did BT do about it.

Are Sky offering more "speed" than you are presently getting? If they are how are they doing that because they use the same infrastructure from the cabinet to your house as BT.

If Sky can offer you more "speed" so can BT so there must be a fault somewhere which comes back to the first question, "Did you report a problem after the flooding and what did BT do about it"?

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 14 of 17

Engineer said I needed to get BT to increase the gain but after talking to various people who where not in this country I gave up trying to explain so I dropped my package saved quite a bit on monthly subscription but only dropped a few mb. I should have just changed then and this is not me picking on off shore tec services it’s just a fact I mentioned it’s very hard explaining to these people and the engineer was from BT and it took 3 different engineers to sort it and I was down for 2 weeks also the flooding was not on my property it’s was a junction at the bottom of a telegraph pole water got in the junction box.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 17

You cannot turn up the gain on a fibre service that is rubbish also the engineers are from Openreach not BT changing providers would not help as you will be using the same Openreach fibre network just a different name on the bill
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 16 of 17

You are missing the point anyway, the point was as a reward for being with them for 10years I am getting double nothing
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

You are being given an increase in you cloud storage to 1tb free. Whether you use that or not. If you are in contract then you are no worse off than you were before. You can always downgrade to infinity 1 or if out off contract then move elsewhere

i know how you feel as I am in exactly the same position and considering my options and at present moving seems best option

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings