cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbuk
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

email login timeout issues

I'm getting tired of logging back into email whenever it times out. The process of logging back in just doesn't work, or is too long and should just redirect to the correct email and password entry instead of via the yahoo password entry.

First, if I click the button to log back in, I get a pop-up window asking for my details (yahoo). I enter them, and it loads the bt homepage in the pop-up window, instead of logging me back into email.

If I then select email (normally I go back to a main window because I don't want my email in a pop-up window), I have to type my full email address (quite irritating as it's about 30 characters) and password because the browser doesn't recognise the input boxes for auto-filling with my details. I then eventually get into email, but doing this every time my email times out is really annoying.

Is there anything I can do to my email so that it just doesn't log me out, or to only do it rarely? Can I do anything about the way I log back in to save me typing my email address every time?

Hopefully, this is something BT knows about and is planning to fix when it gets round to updating its email system. I'm just surprised at the poor implementation of the password process.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
dhphoto
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: email login timeout issues

BT in their inifinite wisdom have changed everything and not told us, use this link:

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

Or better still use a POP3 program like Outlook Express

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

0 Ratings
sbuk
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

I think that's probably the page I get to when I click "email" from the bt home page. It saves me a few steps to have it bookmarked, but I still have the issue that the email and password fields are not autofilled. Is this a problem my end, or is it just that the input boxes are not defined correctly, so the browser will never auto-fill them?
0 Ratings
bilco99
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

They're autofilled on my browser (Firefox) -- both on Windows and with an Android tablet so it could be something to do with your browser settings?

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 6 of 8

I find that Google Chrome doesn't auto-fill the webmail username and password.

Oliver.
0 Ratings
dhphoto
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I think that's probably the page I get to when I click "email" from the bt home page. It saves me a few steps to have it bookmarked, but I still have the issue that the email and password fields are not autofilled. Is this a problem my end, or is it just that the input boxes are not defined correctly, so the browser will never auto-fill them?

Firefox won't actually auto-fill  but a single click in the box shows the email adress which you can select then firefox adds the password from it's stored list. Just about usable.

I have set up a firefox addon X-Notifier to show if we have email on opening the browser. Far from perfect but then this is BT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Use an email client such as Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail. It is a better system than using webmail. 

0 Ratings