cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 231 of 326

Re: email password rejection

Informative post Richard and basically the same info as I have got. What makes it really, really annoying is when a BT mod acts as though this is all new to them.  It might be acceptable to Yahoo and BT but not to me.  Which is why I am leaving BT ASAP.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 232 of 326

I have just found this forum and registered about five minutes ago. There are some really big issues here for me. I have had this problem intermittently for some time but today I drove me nuts as I have some important and expensive goods en-route to me from USA. I have been notified that they are in the UK and through customs and That I have been notified of the fee to pay, which I expected, only with the e-mail down I cant get the notification. So the issues.

1. I have found a work around that may work for other people. Open the Yahoo web site, choose My Mail and log in. The pass word worked first time here. I got in straight away and found my messages. When I went back to mail and put the pass word in again it was accepted so I am up and running again.

2. As part of my search for help I found the yahoo help line 0905 something. Its £1-53 per minute. That is totally unacceptable and I would never knowingly phone any number that charges that much. Thats almost £100 per hour. I can just imagine the operators getting a bonus for keeping me waiting.

3. I never did like Yahoo and was very disappointed when I went on BT broadband and found that was the mail partner, but I just went with it.

4. I will find another mail supplier just as quick as I can. If we all vote by walking out then maybe BT will get the message and drop Yaboo.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 233 of 326

Yes. My password has been rejected intermittently for years now with BT. It is getting worse. I have to go to my web mail at 'btyahoo' and pretend to change my password. I then get some relief from this issue. So BT, listen up from one very, angry & frustrated customer...

I now only have one word to sum this problem up [call me childish, if you want. I couldn't care less anymore]:

DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
DISGRACE!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 234 of 326

And, yes. I am leaving BT as well...
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 235 of 326

David

You have 24 pages of details. Take a look. I'll sum it up for you. BT's e-mail system is broken and has been for many years.

My feeling, from the rising emotion, expressed throughout this thread, is that customers are going to start leaving BT in droves.

I am.

So pull your finger out, and escalate this to the highest level possible. DEFCON 1, if necessary!

And please, stop with the laissez-faire attitude!
If you think this situation is funny, at least be honest!

Not amused!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Angry

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 236 of 326

I have recently taken out a broadband package with bt expecting to be able to use mt bt e mail address via i phone and mac. Fat chance it's intermittent and continually plauged by password rejection when I eventually found the correct technical help line I was told that the problem could be solved but would cost £30. BTs sites clearly imply that they support mac mail or vice versa but it is clearly a problem with Yahoo. If I wanted to acess e mails throuh Yahoo then I would use my Yahoo account. This is a disgracefull service and unfortunately I paid a years land line broadband subscrioption up front I will not be renewing!

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 237 of 326

Pete. 

The last thing you want to do is pay £30 to BT.  They haven't go the slightest idea how to fix it so that would be down the drain. Pity their adverts don't tell you their email is useless isn't it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 238 of 326

Oh yes the so-called technical experts, the one and only time I spoke to them I decided I wouldnt pay for any of their advice on the basis that they didnt actually know the difference between POP and IMAP!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 239 of 326

Yes I suspect the £30 fix would be access your e mails via our e mail client Yahoo. Absolute carp. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 240 of 326

I have just had an email conversation with Warren Buckley the MD of BT.  I have reproduced it below.  Read from bottom up.