cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 261 of 326

Re: email password rejection

PhilUK53. I have just contacted the Managing Director of BT Customer Services, Mr Buckley by e-mail, thanks to your advice, on where to obtain his e-mail address from.

He did reply prompted. He says that only a small number of customers are experiencing this problem. He obviously hasn't read this thread properly. I put him straight, on this gross misjudgement.

He says a new system is being released later this year, which will address this issue.

Hell and freezing over, come to mind.

Charlie
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 262 of 326

I have now contacted both Watchdog and Private Eye so I will let you all know if anything comes of it. I personally thnk that if they do finally announce a fix it will be a stalling tactic.  The bottom line is that Yahoo as a company is massive and the paltry sum that BT might contribute means BT have zero influence on service levels.  If BT just admitted that it wouldn't be so bad but they sell broadband as with email service and it is a broken service And it is broken with a lot more customers than they would care to admit.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 263 of 326

Hi all,

Glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem. I decided, after around 8 years of using the same password that perhaps it was time to change it on the account I use for all my professional correspondence. What a mistake that was. Ever since then Thunderbird cant connect to the mail server unless I open a browser window to my webmail and log in. So , foolishly, I logged this with BT help last night.

Edit: Why was the useless response from BT removed from my post? Can't BT take a bit of criticism ffs?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 264 of 326

I have recently received an email from Sky telling me that my Sky email address (which as far as I know I don't have!) will soon become a Sky Yahoo! address.

Oh dear, all those poor people who I understand have had a perfectly good service for years are now going to suffer the hell that we have to put up with.

It will be interesting to see if Sky have the guts to take on Yahoo or just roll over as the pathetic BT have.

On the point of changing email passwords, this has been a problem from day 1 with BT Yahoo. The only time I ever change my password is as a temporary measure to prevent any email being downloaded! I think somewhere along the line this is where the problem lies with the Yahoo service - in the availability of authoritive account services. I wish I could get my hands on the source code, I'm sure it can be solved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 265 of 326

Strangely, for the last 5 days, my BTYahoo e-mail service has run perfectly. This is the first time in several months.

Sorry to be a cynic, but I will let you know when this period of bliss, ends!!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 266 of 326

I too have not had any problems for around 4 weeks now, the longest in about 6 months !  I dont want to tempt fate, but maybe, just maybe someone at BT has finally taken note ??? (fingers crossed) ...... I'll update the forum as time progresses.....................

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 267 of 326

It's just a ruse. False sense of security. Then BANG! The curse of BT Yahoo will strike.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 268 of 326

You lucky people - for the past 2 days I have been getting it on 2 accounts at least 30 times a day - perhaps Yahoo are sharing out the fun.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 269 of 326

The sooner everyone realises that BT are doing nothing about this the better. Any short term relief is just that. Short term. Stop kidding yourself people.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 270 of 326

Fair comment ! it probably is only short term relief, as richard2010 said,"Yahoo are sharing out the fun" ....... !
0 Ratings