Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 14

email suspended

Go to solution

my freinds bt mail has been suspended he has never uesd it . he only use's his pc for searching internet. the email address is his main address for signing to my bt. and he has also forgot his password, when my freind set up his bt broadband the agent

gave him a email address using my friends full name so he has to type 21digits plus @btinternet.com , thats to long for someone who has just started to ues a pc. how can i help him get the email reinstated and change to a shorter address so it makes it easy for him to sign in to his email account

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: email suspended

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @helzapoppin Sorry your friend is having a problem with his BT email address.

You say the account is suspended, has your friend tried a password reset for the email address? You can find more information on this here  and if your friend needs further help the Chat Team can help with access to his email. 

If the email address has been suspended then they can reactivate it once they have access to the MYBT by following this process. 

Once they have access to the email and the MYBT account they can create a sub account email address and then this can be changed over to the primary address for the account. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

i did try the password reset and it did not work i thought it was because the email was suspended, i will use live chat to help my

mate to sort it out, even i find it a pain typing in his long email address will let you know how i get on.

0 Ratings
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

i helped my mate today and used live chat today email all sorted out so thanks to Keith-bBeddoe & Johnc2

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Hi @helzapoppin Good to hear he has got his access back. Did you set up a sub account email address for him with less characters ok?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

,my mate forgot his password for his bt email so i helped him with livechat but they could not find his email address and then gave me a phone number for  bt premium mail, they told my mate that his email was a premium email.

we have still not got a new password and why did live chat on the 12/1/2017 change his email to bt premium mail when he still

has bt broadband, how can we sort this issue out.

0 Ratings
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

my mate still has no email, live chat arrange for the bt mail team to phone him in the afternoon when i would be there.

i spoke to them and they said they could not find a active email address for his bt account. they said go into mybt to set up

a new email address.

today with my mate i logged on to his mybt then clicked on your package/inclusive extras/ manage bt mail/

it says active above manage bt mail.

but not getting the manage your email address/ create new mail address page up.

it goes to the bt email log on page which we cant because he as no email address. 

0 Ratings
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 14

getting know where with live chat

Go to solution

i know i have posted else where about this issue but we are getting know where with my friends email.

today live chat told us that a email address was active so we typed in email address to change password and it said email address not found. back to live chat and got them to check email address and the agent said that email address is susspended , so he sent me a link to set up a new email address but that was for a sub account and my mate has not got a primary email address that was susspended. live chat was at level 2

if we log on to his my bt edit email it says email active but does not show any email address it just goes to email

log on page.

is there a phone number to speak to someone in  england who can sort this out or my mate said he will pack it in with bt

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

Re: getting know where with live chat

Go to solution

I have merged your post with the original thread because it is related and there is no point in starting anew thread about it.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team. Unfortunately it might not be some one in England who gets in touch, they may be in Northern Ireland but I am sure they will help equally as well.

If they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings