cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weirdwizard
Expert
Message 1 of 8

Are BT changing the way we get into our emails again looked at the home page and it looks like they are doing something after March this year please leave things as they are if not will we get an email telling us what to do ig we want to leave this as they are?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: email

Go to solution

It is all part of the ongoing migration from Yahoo to BTMail. The log on process has already taken place in as much as you now log on via the BT page. This will be what you do after your BTYahoo account is migrated over to BTMail unless you use an email client in which case you won't notice any change.

Any changes will be notified to you by email. Be aware that there are a lot of phishing email doing the rounds purporting to be from BT telling you to click on links to verify your account or security details etc. These emails are NOT from BT and you should NOT click on any links.

If you are in any doubt about emails hover your mouse over the links and it will show you where clicking on it will take you. If you are still not sure, come onto the forum and ask for advice.

Roboman
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Have just gone to the various BT pages re the latest changes to take place with my emails.  Must say it was all very confusing and hope they make it clearer on the day just what I have to do.    Can't see any reference to Internet Explorer and BT-Yahho mail doesn't seem to be listed.  Have no idea if I'm POP or IMAP and their instruction on how to find out just goes round in circles and I'm no wiser.    The Android change looks easier but scary!

Your warning about phishing is very important and great care should be taken.   I got caught last time.  Having received many genuine emails from BT re the forthcoming changes - the rougue one looked part of it all and I foolishy clicked the link!.  As soon aas I did this I knew it was wrong and notified BT. Unfortunately I had no response.   I finished up in the Phillipines asking all my contacts for money!!!   BT came good in the end and eventually sorted everything out.   So, yes, be warned.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

If you are accessing your email via your web browser you are using webmail. None of the IMAP or POP setting will be relevant to you.

If you use a mobile phone or tablet then you may need to change the settings as suggested. It is not difficult if you follow the guide and take your time.

janthea
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Re: email POP or IMAP

Go to solution

Just joined the Forum and see this question.  Can you help me.  I have an iphone and on checking I'm using POP.  Should I be changing this to an IMAP account for btinternet and how do you do that on an iPhone.  I also have 2 ipads so the same question for those.  I've just received the email about making the changes. 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Not unless you wish to. You can use either IMAP or POP

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

As licquorice has said, you do not need to change from POP to IMAP. You just need to make sure that you are using the correct settings and if you are not change to them.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/346,6588,6591

0 Ratings
Glynatsussex
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Hi, I know this is marked as a closed question, but the subject is anything but closed for me. On Friday 4 April, BT switched me over to BT.com from Yahoo. Since then, and it's the 7th today, I started with no emails on my mobile devices, then I could read them, but couldn't reply. For a couple of hours I could read and send emails but, today, I can't login to my email account on my PC at all! I've reset passwords, but the system just isn't fit for purpose. I'm now waiting for a call back from BT which was originally set for within 24 hours! I've managed to reduced that to 2, but we'll see. As the waiting times for someone to respond on the phone is getting longer and longer, I assume I'm not the only one?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings