heenebeach
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

email

1. using the BT email checker I'm told that I'm on Bt Mail: so why when I open my inbox do I find BT Yahoo????

2. Three times in the past two weeks, I have encountered the message "BT Yahoo Mail can't load due to a temporary error."

This is a disgraceful service. I use email as part of my work and continually having this failure is a real problem!!!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: email

If you check through the forum you will find a post about the checker being faulty.

If you see BTYahoo when you log onto your account via webmail it means you are on BTYahoo and not BTMail.

There is a message about BTYahoo problem on the log in page

We're aware of intermittent problems logging in to BTYahoo webmail, sorry if you're affected. We're working to fix it as soon as possible.

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

So stop using an email system that's been flaky for years, and which is tied into your broadband provider.

I have my own personal domain name, and a mailbox to go with it.  There are plenty of free mail providers around as well.

0 Ratings
heenebeach
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks gg30340 - clearly BT's service is becoming less & less reliable!

0 Ratings
heenebeach
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks. I note your comments. I have many emails to do with a small business and changing my email service could be a problem; I would need a transitional change-over period.

0 Ratings